PDA

View Full Version : need help with hybrid

pijan
09-02-2009, 04:20 AM
i just changed my string to wilson k gut pro 17 at 58lbs.it's really comforable but it's hard to generate extra spin.i'm thinking about cutting my main and use BB ori as main and maintaining k gut pro as cross. so the question is?

1. will it be a good hybrid combination?
2. can i just simply cut my main and stirng BB ori on my old string or i need to cut the whole string
3. if can, i'm thinking about higher tension, would it be possible to tighten the tension of my old string?

thanks

Federafa23
09-02-2009, 04:56 AM
use alu power rough, not original

pijan
09-02-2009, 07:08 AM
use alu power rough, not original

ok.thanks for the reply.i haven't decided on which stirng to use for main.

but my main question is about the cross.can anyone help?

thanks

goran_ace
09-02-2009, 07:21 AM
2. can i just simply cut my main and stirng BB ori on my old string or i need to cut the whole string

I've heard of people cutting out crosses only and replacing them (not a recommended practice by the way), but cutting out the mains is definitely a no-no and could result in frame damage.

pijan
09-02-2009, 04:32 PM
ok.so it's a no.but would both strings make a good combo?

JJK947
09-02-2009, 06:07 PM
I just switched from full kgut pro 17 to a hybrid with luxilon m2 17 in the crosses. I also really liked the feel of the Kgut pro so I went with the softer co-poly in the m2. My purpose with the hybrid was to get a little extra duability but ended up with a noticably higher amount of spin than I expected. If, you went with ALU rough in the mains, i'm sure you'll get the spin you need.