PDA

View Full Version : radical vs pure storm vs six.one team vs similar frames...

Eros
09-02-2009, 06:14 AM
hi guys,

I'd like to know your opinion about this frame category: 295/300 gr, control oriented, head 95/98

in my opinionthe competitor in this category are:

Babolat Pure Storm GT 16*20
Boris Becker 11 light 16*19
Dunlop AG 300 16*18
Head Radical Mp 18*20
Fischer Black Granite Ni1 16*18
Prince Rebel Exo3 295 19*20
Slazinger N.1 Tour 295gr 16*19
Tecnifibre T-Fight 295gr 16*19
Volkl Power Bridge 10 295gr. 18*20
Wilson KBlade/NBlade 18*20
Wilson Six.One Team 18*20
Yonex RDS 002 16*19

(tell me if I forgot someone)

till now I tested radical (lqm, fxp and mg), pure storm (old version), wilson N and k blade and six.one team.
the best are for me radical and six.one team; the first is easier, the second better but too difficoult when you have to defend.
Nblade is very similar to radical; kblade instead in too stiff and my arm was ill.
the last, I found pure storm unstable at the impact.

Which is the better frame for you?

buffalobill3
09-02-2009, 08:32 AM
I demoed the Pure Storm GT and thought it was more stable and felt more solid than the old Pure Storm. The swingweight seemed a little higher with the GT. I really enjoyed hitting with the Pure Storm GT.
Bill

Eros
09-02-2009, 12:46 PM
a lot of people are telling me the same.
I am very cousrious to demo it

bertrevert
09-02-2009, 05:02 PM
I tried the old pure storm and it was just too light. I agree with you when you say "found pure storm unstable at the impact." because I found it to be a bit inaccurate (16 x 20 stringbed) and then I had to swing so hard to put away a ball - it was all too crazy.

I've enjoyed years with the Radicals and have spent a lot of time with Dunlop HM300G then less w M-Fil 300g (and a little with heavy Tour RDS 200).

It sounds like you are down to Radical and 6.1 Team. Defense against heavy hitting is always a little harder with lighter racqs.

I'd however have a hunch you might give the Dunlop 4D 300 a go because it has received significantly better reviews on this forum. Specifically people mention "solidity" for such a light racq. This attribute may help most in defense.

That is exactly what I am thinking about at the moment. I find with a lot of lead on my Rads or 300g I can defend but the new 4D 300g may do this better...

Eros
09-02-2009, 11:41 PM
It sounds like you are down to Radical and 6.1 Team. Defense against heavy hitting is always a little harder with lighter racqs.

you are on right!
I used radical lqm, than last years I passed to babolat aeropro drive 'cause I wanted more speed. But today I understood that Apd is not for my tennis...
I prefer mere equilibrate racquet. I like radical (and it is not so bad to defense), but I love the sweet impact of six.one team.

PS: I was in Sidney two years age on honeymoon.
I'it the city I 'd like to live in

ManuGinobili
09-03-2009, 01:59 AM
You should demo the Tfight... it's supposedly a great racket, and a very popular choice among the players in this forum. Plus the cosmetic is just sick.

bertrevert
09-03-2009, 05:03 AM
you are on right!
I used radical lqm, than last years I passed to babolat aeropro drive 'cause I wanted more speed. But today I understood that Apd is not for my tennis...
I prefer mere equilibrate racquet. I like radical (and it is not so bad to defense), but I love the sweet impact of six.one team.

PS: I was in Sidney two years age on honeymoon.
I'it the city I 'd like to live in

Heh heh it's a good town.. but expensive property, whew! Nice to holiday to be sure!! Hey I like Rome. But I think that's expensive too!

Are you able to demo? You may want to look at the Tfight that ManuGinobili suggests.

Tonight I put away hitting long with my Rads and went for the spin of the HM300G and the crazy power as well and won 6-2 (one set only).

Sometimes you just have to get more spin to get more balls in. After all it's about staying in the rally. And then you want put away power to finish things off.

If you are middling the ball on the six.one team then that is giving you the right swingweight and static weight. Please make sure your BH can do all it shold with whatever racq you choose. Or whatever your weakest stroke is.

rollingstoned
10-23-2009, 01:25 AM
You should demo the Tfight... it's supposedly a great racket, and a very popular choice among the players in this forum. Plus the cosmetic is just sick.

MMMMaaaannuuuuuu