PDA

View Full Version : Babolat PST a bit underpowered?

edwardx
09-02-2009, 07:08 AM
I demoed the Babolat PST from TW and like the control and flexibility of this racuqet. However I feel that it lacks some power in serves, and it's generally harder to get backhand slices right.

I need to mention that the string on this racquet is a bit worn out, so it's hard for me to judge whether it's the racquet or the string.

Can someone comment? If the racquet is a bit underpowered, can it be compensated by stringing at a lower tension?

Thanks very much.

Rhinosaur
09-02-2009, 08:01 AM
I demoed the Babolat PST from TW and like the control and flexibility of this racuqet. However I feel that it lacks some power in serves, and it's generally harder to get backhand slices right.

I need to mention that the string on this racquet is a bit worn out, so it's hard for me to judge whether it's the racquet or the string.

Can someone comment? If the racquet is a bit underpowered, can it be compensated by stringing at a lower tension?

Thanks very much.

Don't think it's very powerful...user has to generate the power. That being said, I demoed it from TW and the strings were dead. I demoed a POG OS and found it rather weak, however, I later bought it anyway, strung it to my liking and now it has a great amount of power.

JackB1
09-02-2009, 08:14 AM
The PST is lowered powered than the Pure Drive or Aerostorm for sure, but still has decent pop. I would compare the power level to a Head Radical or a Prince Ozone Tour, but not as low as a Prestige.