PDA

View Full Version : Head Prestige Without CAPS

JStar7
09-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Is it possible to play with a Prestige without the caps? Has anyone ever done this?

jsomrak
09-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Hey, off topic; what are your specs on your Verdasco? Who and when did you order from?

furyoku_tennis
09-02-2009, 12:55 PM
It is possible since the mold on the prestige and radical are similar. If you can cap the radical, then you can uncap the prestige. There was a thread earlier of someone who uncapped their prestige, though he hasn't gotten back with any update yet.

MichaelChang
09-02-2009, 01:26 PM
yes if your prestige is a Prestige Midplus, not the mid or pro. Then the radical Midplus grommets will fit it.

JStar7
09-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Hey, off topic; what are your specs on your Verdasco? Who and when did you order from?

Hang on about that. I'm posting a thread later on my findings. Check the Pro's Racquet's and Gear Thread Later tonight.

yes if your prestige is a Prestige Midplus, not the mid or pro. Then the radical Midplus grommets will fit it.

So you can't uncap the Pro? I would like to uncap my pro, but i'm not sure what grommets to use.

EDK
09-02-2009, 07:52 PM
I asked a local customizer the same question. She asked her Head rep and they said there are no known non-CAP grommets that fit the MGPP.

If anyone does eventually find one, though, I'd be curious to know, too.

Team China
09-05-2009, 11:27 AM
I am in the process of uncapping my prestige but i am still waiting for my order of grommets. It been over a week and I still haven't received my order so hopefully UPS people are nice enough to ship it to me on the weekend.

I'll give a update once i receive my box

Team China
09-05-2009, 11:30 AM
The microgel prestige pro is a different racket form the rest because it is the first time the prestige has a open style pattern. So uncapping those would be out of the question if you were suppose to use radical grommets.

Dags
09-05-2009, 01:31 PM
If you want to do it really badly, you could consider RAB's Guardit system (http://www.r-a-b.com/productDetailGrommets.cfm?name=GUARDIT Bumper Strip&type=All Sports&code=BG-GD1), where you effectively make your own grommet strip:

I've used the fittex eyelets to replace individual grommets that have split, but have no experience of the full Guardit system.

star 5 15
09-05-2009, 01:34 PM
keep in mind you can just trim the grommets if you really want to decrease the weight like that. I did it on my flexpoint prestige mp just for the hell of it. It worked fine and it wasnt too hard to do.

psp2
09-06-2009, 12:00 AM
I am in the process of uncapping my prestige but i am still waiting for my order of grommets. It been over a week and I still haven't received my order so hopefully UPS people are nice enough to ship it to me on the weekend.

I'll give a update once i receive my box

I would suggest the i.Radical or the Ti.Radical grommets. Either would fit a Prestige MP.

ronalditop
09-06-2009, 07:06 AM
Does anybody know if LMPMP grommets fit a MGPMP?