PDA

View Full Version : Isospeed CC and Big ace 17...Advice needed

Gugafan
09-02-2009, 12:32 PM
I have just recieved a set of these strings, and I am looking to hybrid in my prestige MP. From past experience, the Big ace is a soft poly that I will string at about 54 lbs. The Isospeed I have never used before, but it's meant to be a popular multifilament. What tension do you guys recommend in a dense string pattern??..I am thinking about 57 lbs, and ideally dont want the string to be moving around after a couple of hours.

I usually play poly full setup, and recently tried Poly main (pro hurricane) and Gosen Hy-sheep (Cross)....This setup felt very muted compared to Big Ace full setup.

Gugafan
09-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Anyone tried Poly(m), mutifilament (c)...I have been told the durability of Isospeed is not great when used as a cross???...Anyone know much about this string?

dabudabuda
09-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Isospeed is not that durable for heavy topspinners but what multi really is...I hit relatively flat so the durability is decent for me. I'm willing to give some of that up for the comfort.

Gugafan
11-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Just had this hybrid setup for a few days, and the isospeed is fraying considerably. As dabuda mentioned, it doesn't seem a durable string for heavy topspinners. It does play nice and soft and I am still generating good spin on my forehand. With the FXPP MP being a control orientated racquet, I would prefer a setup with abit more pop. Overall though, a decent setup.