PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Supreme 17s with Babo Pure Storm Ltd?

squatslikeagirl
09-02-2009, 01:48 PM
I'm buying a new Pure Storm Ltd and having it strung with Wilson Sensation Supreme 17s. I asked the guy for a tension of 60 because my forehand sucks so bad (no spin) and I want to be able to unload sometimes without hitting the fence. I'm switching to this racquet after using med power heads and I fear I may be overcompensating for the over powered heads by tightening the tension too much. Any thoughts?

Kevo
09-02-2009, 10:42 PM
I think 60 will probably be OK with that string. I played the 17g Sensation at 62lbs. before and it was very nice. That is until it broke after 90 minutes.

Of course you say you don't hit with spin so maybe they will last longer for you.

jpr
09-03-2009, 05:46 AM
i recently switched from POG mid to PSL. i strung the POG at 67#, but find 62 is perfect for me on the PSL. a lot of PSL users prefer mid 50's, but i like the higher tension.

dont be fooled, it will still go to the fence with a good whack (or a poor stroke).

the 17ga string will help you bite the ball better for more spin

squatslikeagirl
09-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the info. I asked the stringer for 60 and he suggested 58. I figure I'll try 58 and if it's no good, at least I'll know how to gauge his intellect.
New shop for me. I was thinking 60 myself. I pick up the racquet tonight and hit tomorrow. I'll post what I think after I hit.

Thanks again, both of you who responded.