PDA

View Full Version : Cutting the velcro straps on Babolat Propulse?

bruno hau
09-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Does the Babolat Propulse velcro straps at the midfoot do anything, stability or performace wise, other than providing a tighter fit? I am thinking of cutting them out because it makes tying/untying the shoelaces a pain? Also will cutting them out void the 6-month durabilty warranty?

skyzoo
09-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Does the Babolat Propulse velcro straps at the midfoot do anything, stability or performace wise, other than providing a tighter fit? I am thinking of cutting them out because it makes tying/untying the shoelaces a pain? Also will cutting them out void the 6-month durabilty warranty?
It makes the shoe way more stable. Don't do it.

nervebullet
09-02-2009, 06:43 PM
how is the shoe im thinking about picking one up. I am currently using the CB 1.3 's :)

Thanks for your responses in advance!! :D

[ GTR ]
09-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Step on the strap when you are tying the laces. Easy..

featherlight
09-03-2009, 04:52 AM
don't do that , the straps do help

featherlight
09-03-2009, 04:52 AM
they help keep your feet more intact

120mphBodyServe
09-03-2009, 07:08 AM
Next time you think of this stupid idea...
PLEASE...
Wack yourself in the head with a frypan!!!!

jimwh
09-03-2009, 07:38 AM
Stick with the CB 1.3's. I have both shoes and love the CB's. Haven't wore the propulses since I got my CB's.

honz
09-03-2009, 09:36 AM

Yes, they do provide some added stability. There are a couple of ways to keep the strap out of the way. You can either put it under your sole and step on it while you tie the laces like someone else suggested, or like I do, you can just velcro the strap down towards the side of the shoe. Velcro it down so it sorta makes a loop in the strap and it keeps it pretty well out of the way. I agree it is a mild nuisance when tying the shoes, but it only takes a couple extra second than other shoes and how often do you tie your shoes anyways? I think you can find a way to deal with it! :???:

bruno hau
09-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Okay. I will not cut the velcro straps only because it adds some extra stabilty. Babolat should get rid of these velcro straps in the future or just go with all velcro straps and no shoelaces. Sometimes the shoelaces get stuck in the velcro. Just a stupid design on Babolat's part. As it is right now, just getting the shoes on is a nuisance since it fits more like a boot (i.e. doesn't open up).