PDA

View Full Version : which strings with Pure Storm GT

mindz82
09-03-2009, 01:06 AM
I'm considering getting a PSGT and I'm wondering which strings have you guys tried with it? what tension do you recommend? anything would be helpful!..

ClubHoUno
09-03-2009, 04:48 AM
Not the exact same model but close to :lol:

PurestormTour:
1. 2 with Babolat VS nat gut 59 lbs mains and 58 lbs crosses
2. 2 with Babolat VS nat gut 58 lbs mains and Luxilon alu BigBanger Rough 56 lbs crosses
3. 2 with Tecnifibre X-One Biphase 60 lbs mains and Prince Recoil 58 lbs crosses

I kind of liked them all for different reasons :D

Just got 4 of the new PurestormTour GT's and will string them accordingly:

2 with Babolat VS NAT GUT 56 lbs mains and Luxilon Alu BigBanger Power 56 lbs crosses
2 with Babolat VS NAT GUT 56 lbs mains and Signum Pro Hyperion 56 lbs crosses

I can't say I've disliked any of the hybrids I've done - could find positive things about them all.

mindz82
09-07-2009, 10:41 AM
thanks for your info : )

if i was to stick with one string what would you recommend?
is it recommended to string this racquet at a higher tension?

ClubHoUno
09-07-2009, 11:17 AM
thanks for your info : )

if i was to stick with one string what would you recommend?
is it recommended to string this racquet at a higher tension?

No, just string it at your normal tension in my view.

It has neither an open nor closed string pattern, and the racquet is neither soft nor very stiff. So string at your regular tension, unless you have used an extreme racquet before this one.

If you don't break strings every 2 hours, and wouldn't mind installing some stringsavers around the sweetspot and top hakf of your new PSGT, then you should at least try the king of hybrids once: BABOLAT VS NAT GUT mains and a great CoPoly in the crosses (Luxilon Alu BB POWER or ROUGH or Signum Pro Hyperion would be great choices)

You should also try a good hybrid with a softer spin CoPoly with good tension stability in the mains (Signum Pro Tornado 1.23 or MSV HEX or Weisscannon turbotwist) and BABOLAT VS NAT GUT in the crosses.

When you've tried these 2 hybrids, you know how the KING OF HYBRIDS play, and you can move on from there or just stay there, like I did :)

mindz82
09-09-2009, 10:36 AM
thanks ClubHoUno

I will consider those combinations next once I get a good deal on them :)