PDA

View Full Version : Full bed of Big Ace? or Hybrid

UnPhzD
09-03-2009, 06:13 AM
I am going to try some Big Ace and i was wondering if i should try it on a hybrid with some gosen micro on the crosses? or just a full bed?
and i was wondering what would i put the tension for big ace in the hybrid or full bed

usual lb's is 57 with nxt

dadozen
09-03-2009, 06:42 AM
I was using BA 1.22mm hybrid with PSMT. I tried twice a full bed of BA, but I couldn't handle it. but I didn't drop the usual tension, so of course it would fell much stiffer.

BA accepts hybrids well, but if you really want to try a full BA stringjob, I recommend you to drop the tension around 3-4lbs. It's a nice string.

Power Player
09-03-2009, 01:23 PM
I strung the BA full at 57 and it was way too pwerful for me. I couldn't hit at all with it until it broke in. I am reading you needto string it a lot higher then normal..at like 62-63#. you can do a search and see what I am saying there.

UnPhzD
09-03-2009, 06:54 PM
I was using BA 1.22mm hybrid with PSMT. I tried twice a full bed of BA, but I couldn't handle it. but I didn't drop the usual tension, so of course it would fell much stiffer.

BA accepts hybrids well, but if you really want to try a full BA stringjob, I recommend you to drop the tension around 3-4lbs. It's a nice string.

im going to string it with gosen mirco i believe its going to be 16 guage and thats prolly gonna be strung at 57 but what should i string BA at? if i do a hybrid with it and it would be on the mains right?