09-03-2009, 07:07 AM
Ive chosen 2 that im sure im gonna demo: PST and PST GT

The rest are:
MG Prestige MP/Mid/Pro
PS Ltd / GT

need 2 of those 5...

Yoh
09-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Oh and im coming from the radical line... but want to try something different... any inputs?

Classic_Obsession
09-03-2009, 10:22 AM
What's lacking from your current frame?

We need to know what you want more out of your sticks to recommend you one.

Yoh
09-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Current is Radical Flexpoint MP... have an i.Radical i use sometimes too... actually prefer that more sometimes..

the FXP is too unstable and flexy; i like the more solid feel from the i.Radical... also not enough control from the FXP.

iRadical is quite solid and nice but theres something missing that makes it feel like "the" one... not sure what it is... maybe the swing, or the feel plus they are hard to find now too...

Yoh
09-03-2009, 05:48 PM
little help pls... bump

LafayetteHitter
09-03-2009, 05:53 PM
I would say MG Prestige Pro

Yoh
09-03-2009, 08:54 PM
choose 2!
I just ruled out the pro before i looked at this thread again... heard it wasnt prestige-like

LafayetteHitter
09-04-2009, 09:16 AM
Many here including myself will not follow self made rules.

Yoh
09-05-2009, 07:29 AM
add the speed line to that too... and last bump... no help :((

spacecoyote
09-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Yoh,
I have been demoing for the past two months. I've used the MGP MP, and for a while, that was the racquet I thought I wanted. It's very precise and has great feel. But I finally realized that at my level, 3.5, such an under-powered racquet just didn't suit my style. I actually have pretty strong strokes, but by the end of a match, I would struggle to hit winners from the baseline, especially on clay.
Pretty much all of the racquets I had demoed up to that point were very similar - high precision, low power (RQiS 1, TFight 320 vo2, MGP pro, Speedpro mp, etc.). But I hadn't gotten to the Babolats yet, because they are so popular at my shop, I was on a waiting list. Well, I finally got to try the APDC and PD GT, both of which are lighter, have more spin potential, and are much more powerful than the previous demos. I realized right away that this is what I wanted. I had never use a Bab before, and from the first hit, I understood why these sticks are so popular. Both of these racquets had unbelivable access to spin (effortless), so the added power was actually easy to control. I also used the PDR GT a couple days later, but I found it to be just too stiff, and an absolute disaster at the net.
So, to finally reach my point about the PST GT. I went back to my stringer and told him that I have finally come to a decision (I think). I was pretty much sold on the PD GT. He told me I have to try one more racquet. Since he didn't have a demo available, he lent me his personal, brand new, PST GT, freshly strung with Bab Revenge, along with a warning: "Be careful - you might just fall in love with this racquet."
Well, I played one doubles match last night, and, yeah, I'm in love. The power level and access to spin might not quite match up with the PD, but still offers plenty of each, much more than all of the other racquets. But at net is where this baby shined. The feel and control were, quite frankly, the best I have ever experienced. Like I said, at my level, I won't pretend to be able to analyze a racquet's performance like many of the people on this board. But I will say that in one match I hit more quality volleys than I have in two months, drawing praise (and surprise) from my partner, and our opponents, all of whom are better players than I.
So, long story short, IMO this racquet has the best combo of power, precision, and feel of any I have tried. So, I will leave you with the same warning - be careful, you might just fall in love with this racquet.

Yoh
09-05-2009, 01:52 PM
thanks spacecoyote; nice little story right there

I'll def demo the PST and GT; and could you elaborate on the MGP Pro vs MP vs Speed?

rfprse
09-05-2009, 01:55 PM
I'd go with Prestige Mid and PSL for the other two. However, I haven't used Radical series and never liked some of them I demoed. So, not sure how what I liked would be relevant to you.

Yoh
09-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Yea thats exactly what I had in mind...; PSL GT or non GT...

pshulam
09-05-2009, 03:20 PM
PST and PST GT, APDC, PDR GT, PSL
Overuse of acronyms makes it difficult to to figure out to what rackets you are referring.

spacecoyote
09-06-2009, 07:36 AM
thanks spacecoyote; nice little story right there

I'll def demo the PST and GT; and could you elaborate on the MGP Pro vs MP vs Speed?

I will give my impressions, but you should definitely search these boards for other posts on these racquets - there are many, with more specific details than I can provide.
The one problem I have with demoing is that all the racquets are strung differently. Also, being an incosistent player, I think that my impressions of each racquet are swayed by how well I played that day.
As it turns out, I was really on when I used the MGP MP. It was strung with some kind of poly, which felt somewhat soft (for a poly). Even with its 18x20 string pattern, I found plenty of spin (btw, I vary between a SW and W grip). I could really unload on the ball and keep it in, which, at first seemed like exactly what I wanted. But after reading posts on TT, and playing full matches with it, I realized what some other posters meant when they said this racquet is just too low-powered - at least for me. I like to wail on the ball as much as anyone, but I won't pretend to be able to do that all day long. To hit a winner from the baseline really took a perfect shot, and a bit flatter than I normally hit.
Other than the lack of power, I did love the solid feel, and touch at the net, and the precision and control on serves and groundies.
I did not have enough time with the MGP Pro. The only difference between the two is the string pattern, which is 16x19. But there again, the Pro was strung with some cheap syn. gut or something, so I couldn't identify any difference in spin potential. In my mind, I sorta wrote off this stick, because I liked the MP so much, and I felt that if I could get the spin I wanted with a tighter pattern, then why not.
As far as the Speed, I used the mp , not Djoker's mid version. It was strung with Red Code, and it took about 5 hits for me to eliminate this racquet from the competition. I hated it from the start. I wish I could explain why, and I apologize for my lack of experience, and I cerainly don't want to steer you wrong. I just didn't like the head shape, and I didn't like the response (again, maybe that was due to the stiff strings). The racquet felt "clanky", if that makes sense.
All I can say is that, for the two months I have been demoing, the MGP MP was the front-runner ( I also liked the TF 320 vo2 - a very similar racquet).
That was until I used a Bab. The PST GT offers everything these other racquets have (feel, precision, response), but with more power. I'm going out right now to give it a final hit before I have to return it. If I have anything more to ramble on about, I'll let you know. I hope this has been at least somewhat helpful

Yoh
09-06-2009, 10:23 PM
very helpful indeed, thanks a lot

spacecoyote
09-07-2009, 06:38 AM
Glad. I'm sure you've seen all the other threads on this subject. They have all been helpful to me, especially the thread from Ebster (thx, E.). Let us know how your demos work out.