PDA

View Full Version : Closest string to Gosen JC micro?

crocon
09-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Anybody have an opinion on this? Unfortunately reels of this string are nowhere to be found. I'll probably buy a couple packages of JC, but prefer getting reels.

Are there any other similarly priced synthetic gut strings that can replicate the nice crisp pop that JC micro has?

Carlito
09-03-2009, 11:19 AM
super fineplay.

The_Question
09-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Nope, sorry...

Babolat Super Fine Play is nothing like Super JC...at all.

Personally, I think Micro Super is a little closer...

Valjean
09-03-2009, 02:50 PM
I'd recommend you obtain packages of Babolat's Super Fine Play, Prince's Original Synthetic Gut and Wilson's Extreme Synthetic Gut and see how close you can come with those.

iscottius
09-04-2009, 05:28 AM
extreme is close, but not JC. You may want to try some of gosen's other synguts, like AK - nice string

Valjean
09-04-2009, 10:28 AM
extreme is close, but not JC. You may want to try some of gosen's other synguts, like AK - nice string
FWIW, I don't think there is another JC.

Just wannabes. And the differences among those left being so minor, I thought it likely better to suggest a range of experience, and so to include minor differences that might not seem so to someone new to string world properties, when trying those out too.

The_Question
09-04-2009, 10:33 AM
I'd recommend you obtain packages of Babolat's Super Fine Play, Prince's Original Synthetic Gut and Wilson's Extreme Synthetic Gut and see how close you can come with those.

I used all 3... Babolat Super Fine Play is a little more close to Prince Original Syn Gut. I wanted to suggest Wilson Syn Gut Extreme, but really, it's not the same as Super JC. The Gosen AK is softer than JC...granted, I've only tried AK Speed...

tennisstrngdude
09-04-2009, 10:33 AM
I have some sets of JC 17 that have been well stored. What do you think those would be worth in the wild?