PDA

View Full Version : Aeropro w/ or wo/ Cortex

strikee
09-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Right now, I have the Aeropro wo/ Cortex. I was wondering if there is a huge difference w/ Cortex. Also, I have a quick question with Overgrips. Are they easy to remove? I've never bought any Overgrips before but I think I need to start now because my normal grip is getting bad. What overgrip do you guys recommend? Thanks.

Agassi_rocks
09-03-2009, 02:25 PM
it is not a big difference for me last time i tried them both. It is like having the babolat RVS dampener on your APD wo cortex.
The feeling as in the spin ability and maneuverability are the same for me.

Try Tournagrip of course if you have wet hands, otherwise watch out for blisters if you are not handling the rackets tightly while hitting the ball.

Yonex supergrap is also not bad, but they bulid up sweat after 3 weeks of play or so.

furyoku_tennis
09-04-2009, 12:22 AM
the cortex version is basically just a built in dampener. it's not a big difference, though you do lose some of the raw feel from the original apd.

as for overgrips, you have quite a few good options to go with: tournagrip, yonex supergrap, or wilson pro overgrip. all 3 are quite popular and provide good comfort. tournagrip absorbs the best, but dies out the fastest as well. the other two are a bit more tacky, but less absorbent than the tournagrip. however, they're still pretty absorbent.

kanjii
09-04-2009, 08:41 AM
A little more power on the APDC but less feel compared to the APD.
Overgrip, I liked the Babo VS.