PDA

View Full Version : Looking For New Strings to use.

Confusedaboutgear
09-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Well i believe its about time for me to find a new string to use.. I haven't exactly feeling to great with my old string the Babolat Pro Hurricane 16g. It feels very dead to me even after a couple of hours of hitting. I hit with a good amount of topspin which pretty much means enough to get the job done. I've used TF Pro red code with gamma synthetic and that was pretty good but im looking for a string with some power, nice pop and feel, control, and spin. I use a Head Youtek Speed Pro. Any help would be appreciated.

iscottius
09-03-2009, 05:42 PM
pro supex big ace, it is lively, soft (for poly) and very durable. Provides great spin and feel and is cheap. If you want a crisper feel try cyber flash.

murrmanfan13
09-03-2009, 06:18 PM
confusedaboutgear- i know you are new to these forums, but you can use the "search" feature to find MANY threads exactly like this one. i am a youtek user myself, owning a few youtek racquets. for my speed pro i would recommend luxilon alu rough or cyberflash at 55 to 58. if you would like you could hybrid it. x-1 biphase, nrg2 and wilson nxt are all good affordable options. syn guts and cheaper multis (pro supex MT or gamma tnt2 tour) will work fine as well.

murrmanfan13
09-03-2009, 06:20 PM
the reason i recommend these is because of the small headsize and control oriented frame, something crisp and spin oriented is exactly what you need. durability shouldnt be a problem with this frame.

ManuGinobili
09-03-2009, 07:19 PM
I tried a full bed of NRG2 on the Speed MP 16x19 at 55 pounds, and found it too lively- great spin but unstable.
Right now I'm using Cyberflash which feels better than ALU Rough, it seems to have more control and def holds tension better