PDA

View Full Version : Need help on what racquet to get, please.

Juges8932
09-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Hey, I'm new here, but I've been a long-time fan of tennis, and I have decided to start trying to get into playing tennis, but I'm unfamiliar with actual racquets and what would be best for me. I'm 5'11.75", 6'3" wingspan, 193 lbs, and I am looking for an all-around type racquet I guess. I like power though and I like drop shots from the tennis that I have played. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rodick77
09-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Go with a F FISCHER M PRO Number 1 98 you can buy a used one for around $40 and it will be very good for you. It will allow you to swing very hard and still stay in trust me buy it do it now.

Aces09
09-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Wilson K Prostaff 88. People say it's a super advanced frame, but I think it's easier to use than people say. The headsize is deceptive, and it feels bigger than it is because of the big sweetspot. If you think the Kstaff 88 is too heavy, go for the K6.1 tour 90. It's a very good all around frame. Based on your height and weight (similar to me), you won't have a problem generating pace.

If you want something with more pop, try the prince 03 speedport black or white, i liked them very much, but prefer the K88, It's just a fantastic frame...I really can't say enough about it

quest01
09-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Wilson K Prostaff 88. People say it's a super advanced frame, but I think it's easier to use than people say. The headsize is deceptive, and it feels bigger than it is because of the big sweetspot. If you think the Kstaff 88 is too heavy, go for the K6.1 tour 90. It's a very good all around frame. Based on your height and weight (similar to me), you won't have a problem generating pace.

If you want something with more pop, try the prince 03 speedport black or white, i liked them very much, but prefer the K88, It's just a fantastic frame...I really can't say enough about it

I agree the Wilson KPS88 would be the perfect choice. It's a great racquet for anyone from beginners to advanced level players.

Juges8932
09-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the help guys.

Meaghan
09-04-2009, 12:45 AM
Leave the wilson alone and the fischer is probably a bit underpowered. Id suggest something from the Prince line, they're not as low powered, good spin and touch too.
With your size I think the heavier the better so maybe the pro lines like the Speedport Pro White or the Ozone Pro Tour. Im similar weight have a few inches on you and I am easy with the Rebel 95.