PDA

View Full Version : What would you get if...

Yenster
09-03-2009, 08:04 PM
What would you get if you only had a grocery shopping plastic bag (one where you would put your purchases in and carry home) and you went into Tennis Warehouse (if there is one) and you could pick anything you wanted...FOR FREE? :twisted:

Me: 2 Fischer M Pro Number 1 98 going up and down, a reel of yonex supergraps (lime green), 1/4 inch Unique lead tape, luxilon alu power, msv focus hex, 15 packs of Babolat VS Natural Gut 16, 3 packs of NXT 16, and 3 packs of Technifibre X-One Biphase.

You? :)

lilxjohnyy
09-03-2009, 08:56 PM
find the hidden stash of PS85 and PC 600 and grab them all!!!

a-naik.1
09-03-2009, 08:59 PM
A hell of a lot of vibration dampners.

Yenster
09-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Rofl a-naik.1 serious? Anything in tennis-warehouse... for free!

a-naik.1
09-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Rofl a-naik.1 serious? Anything in tennis-warehouse... for free!

Yeah man! Those bad boys are expensive and I lose one every single time I hit it seems like.

vndesu
09-03-2009, 09:24 PM
lol
i would take as many k90 as i can take and hella sets of alu power =]

ChuDat
09-03-2009, 09:45 PM
1 MGPMP, 1 MGPP, 25 sets of string, 2 reels of yonex supergrap, as many $200 gift cards I can find and look for some of those nylon bags that come with the prokennex racquets so I can take more things.

Yenster
09-03-2009, 10:08 PM
a-naik.1 lol try using rubberbands (much better imo)

a-naik.1
09-03-2009, 10:25 PM
a-naik.1 lol try using rubberbands (much better imo)

I used to use rubberbands...it just feels different with the actual absorbers.

ChuDat
09-03-2009, 10:40 PM
I used to use rubberbands...it just feels different with the actual absorbers.

have you ever tried using no absorbers?

dacrymn
09-03-2009, 11:08 PM
The property deed to the store.

That would fit in the bag, right?

Meaghan
09-04-2009, 02:01 AM
The till and the safe!

t0nym4c
09-04-2009, 02:04 AM
Load up on the natural gut and Luxilon!

jwbarrientos
09-04-2009, 04:49 AM
3 volkl Classic C1, 3 Wilson K Blade 98 :)
1 Head Supercombi bag
2 pair of adidas barricade V shoes
2 pair of Yonex Shoes
10 sets of adidas aparells

I'd return to TW my Super Six K Tour black/Gold :-?

Is Kana (the girl that made video's review) in the store, Can I include her??? :oops:

Danstevens
09-04-2009, 06:32 AM
Great idea for a thread.

The first items I would buy would be a couple of those really big head racket bags. That would give me more room to shove more freestuff in - one carrier bag just wouldn't be enough to raid Tennis Warehouse with. Next, I would get some rackets - KPS88s, K90s and some YouTek Speed Pros. Maybe 6 of each racket because the massive racket bags would give me more space to fit stuff in. Then I would move on to strings, a few reels of Ashaway Kevlar in 18 gauge, lots of Babolat VS Touch, a couple of reels of Alu Rough, a reel or two of Lux M2 and 2 reels of Babolat Revenge.

That would definitely be the bulk of my "shopping trip" to TW but there are certainly other things I wouldn't mind picking up. I'd get as many Babolat Custom dampeners as I could and some of the new Nike clothing range - perhaps a couple of warmup tracksuits, some tops and shorts. Finally, a couple of pairs of Babolat Propulse 2 shoes.

I would've grabbed a lot but with any luck, the two racket bags and one carrier bag would have made it possible. I would've thought that the rest of you guys would've "bought" a load of stuff to last you ages but some of you seem to have been quite conservative.

rasajadad
09-04-2009, 06:39 AM
Either the cash or the keys!

meowmix
09-04-2009, 06:41 AM
Stuff the bag with gift cards in the highest denomination possible.

dadozen
09-04-2009, 07:14 AM
Dang, that would be hard to choose, but:

- at least 2 pairs of Adidas Barricade V
- 2 MGPMP
- 2 Youtek Speed MP 18x20
- 4 AG 4D 300 Tour
- as many Kirschbaum PLII 19 as I could carry
- 20 Babolat Skin Feel replacement grips

and many other things I can't even think as of now.

Lol, do all of them fit into the plastic bag?:D

Rhinosaur
09-04-2009, 07:33 AM
I'd stuff as much Babolat Natural Gut as possible in there, then turn around and sell it all and buy a nice house on the French Riviera.

a-naik.1
09-04-2009, 08:19 AM
have you ever tried using no absorbers?

I have, and I absolutely hate that feeling.

FedforOne
09-04-2009, 08:33 AM
i would take my grocery bag to TW then throw it into the garbage can and take "Becker Series Pro Bag w/Wheels", and fill it with the following :

1 Wilson Grand Slam Super Six :D
1 Wilson Pro Overgrip Player Pack
2 Luxilon Alu rough Reel
10 packs of Babolat Natural Gut 17g
1 Wilson Head Tape
3 Unique 1/4 Lead Tape
2 Boris Becker 11 4 1/4
3 Babolat Pure Drive GT Plus 4 1/4
2 K 6 1 Tour 4 1/4
1 K Pro staff 88 4 1/4

Take a box of tennis balls with hands.

Then grab the clothing rack and shove as much as i can into the bag.

---> i would then continue to sell the clothing that i does not fit, sell the racquets i dont like, then sell the Becker bag and buy some more racquets and overgrips and such from TW.

:D

shaysrebelII
09-04-2009, 08:36 AM
3 volkl Classic C1, 3 Wilson K Blade 98 :)
1 Head Supercombi bag
2 pair of adidas barricade V shoes
2 pair of Yonex Shoes
10 sets of adidas aparells

I'd return to TW my Super Six K Tour black/Gold :-?

Is Kana (the girl that made video's review) in the store, Can I include her??? :oops:

what was wrong with your bag?

GinoGinelli
09-04-2009, 08:56 AM

jwbarrientos
09-04-2009, 09:12 AM
what was wrong with your bag?

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=278741 :-?

shaysrebelII
09-04-2009, 09:21 AM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=278741 :-?

that's awful...sounds like wilson gambled on environmentally safe materials instead of their old standbys and lost big.

best of luck getting a new one.

ChuDat
09-04-2009, 01:16 PM
new idea. Find 3 monstercombi bags and get
-8 racquets
-loads of string
-adidas and nike apparel,
-2 pairs of Barricade Vs
-2 pairs of Nike Cages
-2 pairs of Fila Alfas
-10 reels of yonex overgrips
-socks
-Gamma Progression II 602 FC(would have to carry it with my hands)
-all the gift cards they have
-a cart, just incase I can't carry everything out.

Bhagi Katbamna
09-04-2009, 01:25 PM
I wouldn't even take any rackets. Just a lot of VS natural gut sets and stacks of reels of Luxilon.

ChuDat
09-04-2009, 01:33 PM
I wouldn't even take any rackets. Just a lot of VS natural gut sets and stacks of reels of Luxilon.

you can take racquets and then sell them

a-naik.1
09-04-2009, 01:41 PM
new idea. Find 3 monstercombi bags and get
-8 racquets
-loads of string
-adidas and nike apparel,
-2 pairs of Barricade Vs
-2 pairs of Nike Cages
-2 pairs of Fila Alfas
-10 reels of yonex overgrips
-socks
-Gamma Progression II 602 FC(would have to carry it with my hands)
-all the gift cards they have
-a cart, just incase I can't carry everything out.

I don't think he meant if you can take a hefty garbage bag in...lol

Bhagi Katbamna
09-04-2009, 01:44 PM
you can take racquets and then sell them

Um, rackets take up space. For the same space as a $200 racket, you could probably get $1000 worth of VS gut.

ChuDat
09-04-2009, 03:06 PM
I don't think he meant if you can take a hefty garbage bag in...lol

you have to think outside the box haha. just carry 2 bags 1 on each shoulder and the other like a backpack. I wouldn't just go to tw and leave with a bag of goodies. I would use the plastic grocery bag as a garbage for tissues because I will be crying with joy

RoddickFan
09-04-2009, 05:49 PM
well first id go for the nice vibration dampeners(only 2) then id probably go find some of that stencil marker (my sponsor didnt give me a marker to color my stencil) then id hit on the hot workers there ( the girl ones) and lastly id get a nice 3 pack of wilson pro overgrips in color yellow.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
09-04-2009, 06:59 PM
x3 Head Microgel Instinct (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCHEAD-HGINST.html)
A lot of lead tape for customization
Some clothes, maybe 2 or 3 garments
2 pairs of Reebok KFS Pumps, the best shoes I've ever worn
Some string packs
Wristbands

joe sch
09-04-2009, 07:30 PM
As much natural gut as possible starting with the babolat, then pacific, klips, etc ...

AndrewD
09-04-2009, 07:57 PM
What would you get if you only had a grocery shopping plastic bag (one where you would put your purchases in and carry home) and you went into Tennis Warehouse (if there is one) and you could pick anything you wanted...FOR FREE?

Their cash box/safe

jwbarrientos
09-05-2009, 04:25 AM
Um, rackets take up space. For the same space as a $200 racket, you could probably get $1000 worth of VS gut.

:( I did my list of things I would keep, not sale

ztennis002
09-05-2009, 06:29 AM
3 microgel prestige pros
a ton of tourna grip original
a few reels of kirschbaum proline 1

Jessica
09-05-2009, 04:25 PM
I don't need the plastic bag... I'll just get all of their tennis bags for free and fit 20 rackets in each bag and clean them out.

GucciRogue
09-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Nothing man. I have two strikes they probably just trying to trick me into stealing all there k95ssss and reels.

Bhagi Katbamna
09-09-2009, 12:06 AM
:( I did my list of things I would keep, not sale
You can get what you want, I'll get what I want. I don't come over and criticize your dreams do I? lol

MethodTennis
09-09-2009, 09:32 AM
do u think a stringing machine would fit in the bag......?? :)

Teamtomo
09-09-2009, 09:36 AM
4 New Pure Storms, Hella loads of X1 Biphase and babolat xcel, White yellow and black courtballistecs, TONS OF SMILEY BFACE DAMPENERS, player pack of babolat overgrips, 5 adidas shirts, 5 adidas shorts. Another pair of Barricade 5s.

Would that fit????? hehe

game set match 46 TIMES!!
09-09-2009, 01:13 PM
I like this threadddd alottttt...

id take..
3 rebel teams
alott of xcel and attraction
a few Alu rough
like 200 dampners cause they wont take up anyroom
5 reels of yonex grips
wilson 50 pack pro
prince reel
some nike shirts and shorts
kps 88
2 reels
and to overjam the baggggg!
2 pairs of vapor Vis. us open wimby...
now thats a good one i think!

T1000
09-09-2009, 01:21 PM
5 mgpp
all the nike federer clothes
as many vapor VIs black/red in 11

Xtreme
09-09-2009, 05:35 PM
as many Dunlop 4D 300 tours as i can fit in 1/4 grip as many reels of gosen micro and gamma asterisk that i could grab:)

Yenster
11-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Bump, bump, bump it up!

david5
11-23-2009, 12:01 AM
as much as the bag could fit...

statetennis09
11-23-2009, 07:47 AM
5 Aero Storm Tours
3 Reels of Lux Alu Power
1 Reel of Lux Alu Rough
Wilson Overgrips
Court Ballistics

SirGounder
11-23-2009, 08:20 AM
I'd go for socks. Lots and lots of socks.

Kick Serve 14
11-23-2009, 10:08 AM
grab every head player stick, preferably the extreme models

maddogz32
11-23-2009, 10:34 AM
a few reels (the most expensive ones) and a racket or two

drakulie
11-23-2009, 10:45 AM
a hell of a lot of gift certifcates. thousands of dollars worth of them.

tennisguyak
11-23-2009, 06:04 PM
a hell of a lot of gift certifcates. thousands of dollars worth of them.

I agree.

But if gift cards weren't an option, I would probably get:

6 more Speed Pros
2 or 3 pairs of NB 1004's
A fifty grip reel of Wilson Pro
And as many reels of VS Gut and BB Original as I could fit in there.
And if theres space left, Some Nike and Adidas clothes

That would be awesome.

Mikey Fresh
11-23-2009, 10:20 PM
everything. than make a web site called warehouse-tennis.com and sell everything at very competitive prices

yonexxx
11-23-2009, 10:34 PM
I'd stuff as much Babolat Natural Gut as possible in there, then turn around and sell it all and buy a nice house on the French Riviera.

are you serious. everyone knows you would need at least two plastic bags to buy a house on the french riviera. duh...

agassi fan
11-24-2009, 09:36 PM
as many 6.0's i can find/fit

Yenster
11-26-2009, 11:22 PM
everything. than make a web site called warehouse-tennis.com and sell everything at very competitive prices

ROFL! That would **** the TW staff off!

Yenster
05-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Reviving this thread, but this time can't take stuff for selling purposes. =)

hollywood9826
05-11-2010, 06:42 PM
I would also get stash gift cards. But the Gift cards for TW Europe or australia. That way I can wear the sweet lotto gears and new Diadora speed pros.

These puppies are sweet.

http://img.tenniswarehouse-europe.com/big/DSP3BB-big.jpg

zapvor
05-11-2010, 06:42 PM
probably some rackets to use more space

r2473
05-11-2010, 07:12 PM
I'd see if I could pick up a couple of the hot TW sales chicks. And probably a few vibration dampeners.

mhstennis100
05-11-2010, 07:38 PM
The cash register

SuperFly
05-11-2010, 07:43 PM
:O

1 pair Nike Zoom Breathe Free 2k10's (no box)
Clothing
and some racket (not sure which)

Chezbeeno
05-12-2010, 07:03 AM
I'd grab 3 6.1 95 18x20 BLX's, 1 K Blade Tour, 1 pair of Nike LL Vapors, a couple reels of Lux BB ALU Power Rough

Yenster
04-19-2011, 09:15 PM
revive :)
10 char

ProgressoR
04-19-2011, 11:58 PM
does the stuff need to fit completely in the bag? Rackets will stick out of a normal plastic grocery bag.

spaceman_spiff
04-20-2011, 01:35 AM
does the stuff need to fit completely in the bag? Rackets will stick out of a normal plastic grocery bag.

I think the only requirement is that you can carry the stuff using only the bag, without the bag breaking.

So, frames are ok, but a stand-up stringing machine probably won't (unless you have one hell of a strong bag). :)

ProgressoR
04-20-2011, 02:09 AM
^^ could you carry the machine in your arms and just slap the bag on top of it? you are carrying the bag and the item and the bag wouldnt break.

Its important to establish the correct parameters in order to be able to give the correct amount of thought towards the optimal answer here.

spaceman_spiff
04-20-2011, 04:50 AM
^^ could you carry the machine in your arms and just slap the bag on top of it? you are carrying the bag and the item and the bag wouldnt break.

Its important to establish the correct parameters in order to be able to give the correct amount of thought towards the optimal answer here.

I'm assuming that you have to use the bag to carry the items, rather than just having a bag attached somewhere. Otherwise, the game would be quite silly, wouldn't it?

It would be sad to see such a serious topic get twisted into something preposterous. :)

ProgressoR
04-20-2011, 07:06 AM
Yes this is serious stuff. This is what I would do.

I would take the previous day off and visit the store. I would measure the carry-able volume of a typical bag. No point measuring the actual volume (ie filling it with water or other fluid) because in real life it wont hold as much as that as items have strange shapes and sizes and there will be plenty of wasted space in the bag.

Then I would analyse a reasonable sample of items noting their value and approximate volume. If volume is not easy to approximate, i would do a simple test like measuring the volume of water displaced when immersing it in a container full of water. This is OK for solid items but tricky for things like shoes, as the amount of water displaced will be less than the effective volume of space taken up by the item in the bag.

Here you need some basic algorithms to take this feature into account for non-solid items.

I would then create a database of this information and calculate the value/unit volume. I would be looking for items with high value and low volume, so this ratio should be as high as possible.

Then its simply a case of picking the items with the highest ratios.

Things to consider include that there might not be enough items of the highest ratios to fill the bag, so then you move onto the next item. Actually you should fill with a higher volume first, and fill the gaps in the bag with the lower items to maximise performance.

Also the most desired item might not fit in the bag, so you would have to discard that.

This is only a brief set of aspects that should be covered, it is not to be relied on by the public.

Clearly a more exhaustive volume of research would need to be conducted before I give concrete advice on this matter.

Even if you end up collecting items you dont want, you could then sell them and with the cash then buy what you want. You would have to take into account the resale value of these items as another variable. And if they have a warranty, would the warranty be transferable in this case?

This is a serious matter, the more I think about it, the more seriously we need to take it.

I didnt even have time to discuss the weight factor.

I have to leave now in order to plan the weekly food shopping for the week commencing Sunday 26th June (2011)

spaceman_spiff
04-20-2011, 07:47 AM

Well, obviously the item's shape also has to be considered. Any heavy objets with small protrusions would cause serious pressure points that could exceed the bag's tensile strength.

I think we would need a month-long study with a team of about 8-10 researchers in order to answer the question accurately.

Yenster
04-21-2011, 12:19 AM
Yes this is serious stuff. This is what I would do.

I would take the previous day off and visit the store. I would measure the carry-able volume of a typical bag. No point measuring the actual volume (ie filling it with water or other fluid) because in real life it wont hold as much as that as items have strange shapes and sizes and there will be plenty of wasted space in the bag.

Then I would analyse a reasonable sample of items noting their value and approximate volume. If volume is not easy to approximate, i would do a simple test like measuring the volume of water displaced when immersing it in a container full of water. This is OK for solid items but tricky for things like shoes, as the amount of water displaced will be less than the effective volume of space taken up by the item in the bag.

Here you need some basic algorithms to take this feature into account for non-solid items.

I would then create a database of this information and calculate the value/unit volume. I would be looking for items with high value and low volume, so this ratio should be as high as possible.

Then its simply a case of picking the items with the highest ratios.

Things to consider include that there might not be enough items of the highest ratios to fill the bag, so then you move onto the next item. Actually you should fill with a higher volume first, and fill the gaps in the bag with the lower items to maximise performance.

Also the most desired item might not fit in the bag, so you would have to discard that.

This is only a brief set of aspects that should be covered, it is not to be relied on by the public.

Clearly a more exhaustive volume of research would need to be conducted before I give concrete advice on this matter.

Even if you end up collecting items you dont want, you could then sell them and with the cash then buy what you want. You would have to take into account the resale value of these items as another variable. And if they have a warranty, would the warranty be transferable in this case?

This is a serious matter, the more I think about it, the more seriously we need to take it.

I have to leave now in order to plan the weekly food shopping for the week commencing Sunday 26th June (2011)

I hope you're joking haha