PDA

View Full Version : Best Serving Rackets

Igrac
09-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Im looking into which rackets are best for serving. I want to have a very powerfull 1st serve and play a baseline game where i occasionally volley. If anyone can give input on good serving rackets that would be great.

tailofdog
09-03-2009, 08:48 PM
GENERAL point is, heavy racquets give a far more power on serve. Light powerful racquets have control issues. I have a HEAD LIQUIDMETAL INSTINCT XL that puts out a big serve

DunlopDood
09-03-2009, 08:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU65fCvDNs8

beast22
09-03-2009, 08:52 PM
pure drive

Jack & Coke
09-03-2009, 09:58 PM
I've recently had the most fun blasting big flat bombs with this one:

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/big/PDRGTP-1.JPG

furyoku_tennis
09-04-2009, 12:11 AM
the pdr is great on serves and baseline. volleys however are a different story.

Meaghan
09-04-2009, 12:23 AM
The 2 best serving rackets Ive used are the K6.1 95 and the EXO3 Rebel 95 with the Rebel standing out from the baseline and net.

Rhinosaur
09-04-2009, 06:37 AM
I use a Pure Drive GT Roddick Plus...boom! Great from the baseline, too. I hardly ever go to the net, but if you are quick enough to get around on a volley, you can hit some with really good pace.

I demoed the Dunlop 4D 300 and found it to be a surprisingly good service stick.

drakulie
09-04-2009, 06:44 AM
Best serving racquet of all time is the PS85, hands down. However, being you want to bash from the baseline, you would need to compromise and go elsewhere.

Great serving frames that are also great from baseline. POG mid, Radical Trisys 260 MP, radical microgel pro, just to name a few.

My advice,,,,,,, go out and demo.

Ross K
09-05-2009, 11:50 PM
As others have referred to, Babolats like the APD and PDR and PD and PD+ totally blast it out on serve and groundies. Although for feel and a more all court style not everyone is a Bab fan it must be said...

The n95's maybe deserve a name-check... I personally preferred the closed string pattern version though the open one really is powerful (if that's what you're after?)...

I'd also mention the PSC 6.1 (if you can swing it it just demolishes the ball on serve!)...

The AG100 (an incredible serving frame with just bizarre pop!)...

The Exo Reb (heavy one definitely not the team version)...

The BB11 mid...

The DNX10 mid (amazingly responsive from the b-line)...

R.

Killer-Angle
09-06-2009, 06:49 AM
Yonex RQiS 1Tour !!??

Conquistador
09-06-2009, 06:51 AM
Dunlop Aerogel 500 Tour..Look at the reviews.

Fedace
09-06-2009, 06:56 AM
the pdr is great on serves and baseline. volleys however are a different story.

I agree with you but Leander Paes uses the PD and yet he has the fastest and most powerful volleys in doubles. What is going on there. ??:confused:

Fedace
09-06-2009, 06:56 AM
Best serving racquet of all time is the PS85, hands down. However, being you want to bash from the baseline, you would need to compromise and go elsewhere.

Great serving frames that are also great from baseline. POG mid, Radical Trisys 260 MP, radical microgel pro, just to name a few.

My advice,,,,,,, go out and demo.

I agree, that PS85 has nice control on serves but it has No Power...

Fedace
09-06-2009, 06:57 AM
Dunlop Aerogel 500 Tour..Look at the reviews.

I also agree with this. what do you think about the regular aerogel 500 ? do you think it is just as good ???

Conquistador
09-06-2009, 07:01 AM
I also agree with this. what do you think about the regular aerogel 500 ? do you think it is just as good ???

I havent hit the regular. I have the aerogel 500 tour. Its just silly on the serves. Its soo good. I used to have a tt warrior mp--this aerogel 500 tour blows that thing out of the water.

Fedace
09-06-2009, 07:04 AM
I havent hit the regular. I have the aerogel 500 tour. Its just silly on the serves. Its soo good. I used to have a tt warrior mp--this aerogel 500 tour blows that thing out of the water.

It is also great for volleying,,,, i think that is why it is so popular in doubles play....:)

Conquistador
09-06-2009, 07:06 AM
It is also great for volleying,,,, i think that is why it is so popular in doubles play....:)

What do you think about the groundstrokes? Ive heard that it has more pop than most other 100 sq inch racquets. So far I like the racquet.

Fedace
09-06-2009, 07:08 AM
What do you think about the groundstrokes? Ive heard that it has more pop than most other 100 sq inch racquets. So far I like the racquet.

I think it is pretty good for groundies. Not as much power as pure drive but more control. if you want more power, i think you can just string it looser. but only thing falls short is Feel department. I think the feel on the groundies isn't as good. It is probably that Aerogel material...

Conquistador
09-06-2009, 07:13 AM
I think it is pretty good for groundies. Not as much power as pure drive but more control. if you want more power, i think you can just string it looser. but only thing falls short is Feel department. I think the feel on the groundies isn't as good. It is probably that Aerogel material...

What do you string it with? I want more feel from this racquet. Give me a recommendation. I want maximum pop and want to feel a trampline effect.

Fedace
09-06-2009, 07:17 AM
What do you string it with? I want more feel from this racquet. Give me a recommendation. I want maximum pop and want to feel a trampline effect.

What do you use ? Poly, or Multi or a Hybrid job ???

Conquistador
09-06-2009, 07:19 AM
What do you use ? Poly, or Multi or a Hybrid job ???

I use Gamma Marathon.

Fedace
09-06-2009, 07:24 AM
I use Gamma Marathon.

Is that a multi or Poly ??? i hate gamma strings so i know nothing about them...

Conquistador
09-06-2009, 07:26 AM
Is that a multi or Poly ??? i hate gamma strings so i know nothing about them...

I dont even know. But hey..whats your favorite thing about the aerogel 500 tour?

Fedace
09-06-2009, 07:37 AM
I dont even know. But hey..whats your favorite thing about the aerogel 500 tour?

control on the groundies and manuverability in volleys. but anyway, good string might be Technifibre NRG 2 string for multi. and for Poly, Kirschbaum Proline 2.
Marathon is a Synthetic gut from gamma. so multi string might be closer to what you want.
if you want to stay with Gamma, Gamma Zo tour might work ?? like i said, i know very little about Gamma strings.

Conquistador
09-06-2009, 07:40 AM
control on the groundies and manuverability in volleys. but anyway, good string might be Technifibre NRG 2 string for multi. and for Poly, Kirschbaum Proline 2.
Marathon is a Synthetic gut from gamma. so multi string might be closer to what you want.
if you want to stay with Gamma, Gamma Zo tour might work ?? like i said, i know very little about Gamma strings.

Do you think this racuet has more pop than any 100 sq inch racquet. Ive heard the pop is a LOT more than your average 100 sq inch racquet.

Fedace
09-06-2009, 07:45 AM
Do you think this racuet has more pop than any 100 sq inch racquet. Ive heard the pop is a LOT more than your average 100 sq inch racquet.

More pop than Most, but less pop than Babolat PD racket.

Conquistador
09-06-2009, 07:52 AM
More pop than Most, but less pop than Babolat PD racket.

How does the pop of the aerogel 500 tour compare to say a 110 sq inch dunlop racquet or any oversize 110 sq inch frame?