PDA

View Full Version : US Open play for this weekend - trying to pick a day to go

RalphNYC
09-04-2009, 06:47 AM
For those who follow this closely, can you help me get a good sense of who might be playing this weekend including monday at the US Open? I'm interested in seeing the top 15 men on any court, but haven't really got an idea of who might play when. I know Rafa, Murray, Del Potro are playing today so wont play tomorrow, but could they play Sunday or Monday? I heard Roger is playing Saturday. What about the rest of top 15 guys?

Any approximate guesses would be helpful thanks!

i love t3nn1s
09-04-2009, 08:09 AM
Yea there is a way to see whos going to play on that day. For example, if you decide to go on a monday, you can go to the US Open site the day before like at 10 or 11 pm or something, and check the schedule for the following day which would be a monday.
You can do this by going to www.usopen.org. Once there, you should see catergories at of "Scores and stats", "Draws" followed by "schedule". Click "schedule" and you should be able to see the order of plays for the following day. Remember, you have to wait until like 10pm or 11pm, maybe even 12 at midnight so the schedule can be made.

Or you can just go and hang around the practice courts, and your'e sure to see at LEAST one person in the top 10.

FYI just incase you didnt know, it is almost impossible to know who is going to be at the practice courts on a given day, so its best to just hang around there. At least thats what i do when i go to tournaments

Moose Malloy
09-04-2009, 11:22 AM
For those who follow this closely, can you help me get a good sense of who might be playing this weekend including monday at the US Open? I'm interested in seeing the top 15 men on any court, but haven't really got an idea of who might play when. I know Rafa, Murray, Del Potro are playing today so wont play tomorrow, but could they play Sunday or Monday? I heard Roger is playing Saturday. What about the rest of top 15 guys?

Any approximate guesses would be helpful thanks!

Top half of the draws plays tomorrow(3rd round) & Monday(4th Round)

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/draws/ms/r2s1.html

Bottom half plays Sunday(3rd Round)

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/draws/ms/r2s2.html

You better buy your tickets soon, its not uncommon for the entire Labor Day weekend to get sold out(if its not already)