PDA

View Full Version : Ozone Tour vs. Radical Pro vs. Pure Storn Tour

JackB1
09-04-2009, 12:46 PM
I am currently playtesting these 3 racquets and am wondering if anyone else has tried these? They all have similar specs and all are flexible, arm friendly w/ decent pop. They also are all around 325 in swingweight and are headlight.

Any thoughts on which u prefer out of these 3?

1) Prince Ozone Tour MP
2) Head Microgel Radical Pro
3) Babolat Pure Storm Tour

ClubHoUno
09-04-2009, 01:40 PM
I've tested the Head MG radical pro and own 6 of the Babolat PureStormTour.

So you can see what I liked best of these two frames :lol:

Bought 4 of the new Babolat PureStormTour GT model.

Just sold 4 of my 6 Babolat PST and kept the 2, just in case I don't like the new Babolta Pure Strom Tour GT model.
I intend to use my 'old' Babolat PST with a multi string/Copoly string setup for rainy weather and then have a NatGut-CoPoly hybrid in my 4 new Babolat Pure Storm Tour GT racquets.

I just got the 4 new Bab PST GT today and will test them next week.

JackB1
09-04-2009, 01:54 PM

Just sold 4 of my 6 Babolat PST and kept the 2, just in case I don't like the new Babolta Pure Strom Tour GT model.
I intend to use my 'old' Babolat PST with a multi string/Copoly string setup for rainy weather and then have a NatGut-CoPoly hybrid in my 4 new Babolat Pure Storm Tour GT racquets.

What didn't u like about the Radical Pro? It doesn't get much love around here and I'm not sure why. The TW testers loved it and the reviewers loved it???

ClubHoUno
09-04-2009, 01:59 PM
What didn't u like about the Radical Pro? It doesn't get much love around here and I'm not sure why.

It's very sybjective, you should test the racquets yourself, but in short - the string pattern seemed much too open compared to the Bab PST's string pattern - even though it's only 100 SQ" 16X19 VS 98 SQ" 16X20.

The 16X20 string pattern of the Babolat PST does not seem very open, and I don't like frames with very open string patterns.

Also the MG Radical Pro was a bit too muted feeling and I just didn't like the paint job on it either compared to the paint job on the Babolat PST, which I personally find is among the best there is.

The MG Radical Pro felt stiff and boardy, and I dumped it immediately.

(I tested the MG Rad Pro for 3-4 hours with two different string setups, so not IMMEDIATELY - but just didn't like it)
I tried it with both a hybrid of Luxilon/nat gut and a pure X1 BiPhase.
It was just not my cup of tea :D

JackB1
09-04-2009, 02:33 PM
The MG Radical Pro felt stiff and boardy, and I dumped it immediately.

that interesting, because thats the main reason I got it...because its got a very low stiffness rating??? How can it feel "stiff"?

lenderbender
09-04-2009, 02:45 PM

when you test them be sure to give us reviews!:)

prjacobs
09-04-2009, 03:07 PM
I own an MG radical pro mid plus. I agree that it feels stiff and boardy. And not very forgiving. I have mine strung with VS touch gut 16 and technifiber x one 16 @ 53, 2 lbs below the center of the racquet's tension recommendations. The weight and balance feel good, but when the ball hits the racquet it feels lousy. My friend was using a K six one tour and we switched frames. I noticed that his felt much softer and he too felt that the MG radical pro was like swinging a 2 X 4. Hey, mine's virtually new and a 4 and 1/2 grip. I may try one more stringing with less tension and then move on.

ClubHoUno
09-04-2009, 03:37 PM
that interesting, because thats the main reason I got it...because its got a very low stiffness rating??? How can it feel "stiff"?

It has a stiffness rating of 64, the babolat PST has one of 63 - I agree on paper it shouldn't be stiff, but it felt that way to me.

JackB1
09-04-2009, 07:55 PM
I own an MG radical pro mid plus. I agree that it feels stiff and boardy. And not very forgiving. I have mine strung with VS touch gut 16 and technifiber x one 16 @ 53, 2 lbs below the center of the racquet's tension recommendations. The weight and balance feel good, but when the ball hits the racquet it feels lousy. My friend was using a K six one tour and we switched frames. I noticed that his felt much softer and he too felt that the MG radical pro was like swinging a 2 X 4. Hey, mine's virtually new and a 4 and 1/2 grip. I may try one more stringing with less tension and then move on.

Thats not what I wanted to hear!!! :)
I got one coming next week, but it sounds like it might go right back on Flea-Bay :(
I need a soft feeling, flexible racquet since I am trying to fight off some TE at the moment.

domhas1
09-04-2009, 10:04 PM
I prefer the Youtek Radical Pro...

JackB1
09-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Anyone else compare the Ozone Tour and the Pure Storm Tour?

(I have eliminated the Radical Pro)

Shangri La
09-16-2009, 10:37 AM
which one would you choose on a bad day against a tough opponent? that's the one I'd go with.

JackB1
09-16-2009, 11:16 AM
which one would you choose on a bad day against a tough opponent? that's the one I'd go with.

Wish it were that simple :)

neither racquet "performs" significantly better than the other...that's why its so hard to decide.

The Pure Storm seems to be more "universally accepted" by the general public as the better racquet. The Prince Ozone is not very well known at all and not a very popular choice...even though it's an excellent stick. I think a lot of people just dismiss "O-Port" sticks, even though I can't tell the difference while I'm hitting. They just seem to cut through the air quicker, which can't be a bad thing.