PDA

View Full Version : YouTek Prestige ? Any updates?

mrmo1115
09-04-2009, 05:20 PM
I am still tirelessly waiting for the new Youtek Prestige to come out. Any updates on this? I called Head again and they confirmed to me that it will definitely not be out this year... so this leaves hopefully it to come out by January

He also mentioned that there might even be a possibility that the YouTek Prestige might not even come out at all and he gave me the Extreme as an example of not getting the YouTek technology.

What do you guys think? Will we be getting a YouTek Prestige? And what do you guys think it will play like , if it does come out? Will it play closer to a MG or the FXP?

Coming from the FXP I didn't like the MG at all. I also heard that from a post I read that if the YouTek does come out, it won't play like the MG at all.

NovakWannabe
09-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Here is a post in another thread discussing it.

Nick,

Try the kBlade Tour, Dunlop 4D 300 Tour and maybe wait for the new Wilson 6.1, Wilson 6.1 Tour to be released in Jan 10. Someone told me that Head is trying to make a Youtek Prestige that will be released Jan 10 and that will be close to the Prestige Classic 600 in feeling.

// Rosen

I hope Rosen doesn't mind me giving him undue attention, but he's a player on tour who I believe is sponsored by Wilson - he uses a KBlade Tour and even if he isn't sponsored, he's got connections with guys like Soderling and others who he cites a lot.

I guess in essence, you're right that the new Prestige won't play like the MG. But it won't play like the FXP either I suppose. But if it plays like and feels like the PC600, we're in luck.

mary fierce
09-04-2009, 07:02 PM
This is a little sad. You're "tirelessly waiting" for something that you have no idea what it will play like?? So you're simply waiting for a little novelty. Is life that boring?

Jinx
09-04-2009, 07:09 PM
on the flip side, if people are "tirelessly waiting" for a stick from Head, Head must be doing something right XD

Grizvok
09-04-2009, 07:13 PM
This is a little sad. You're "tirelessly waiting" for something that you have no idea what it will play like?? So you're simply waiting for a little novelty. Is life that boring?

If it did play like a Prestige Classic I'd be tirelessly waiting too.

star 5 15
09-04-2009, 07:13 PM
im about to go crazy if i see another thread about this.

mrmo1115
09-04-2009, 08:50 PM
How would you compare the pc 600 to the fxp? And if you had to pick a prestige that played closest to the pc600 (since it will play like the pc)

Jan 10. From a pro player with many connections seems pretty good news to me. I'd be disheartened if they didn't come out with a new prestige within the next half year.

puck1230
09-04-2009, 10:57 PM

I'm waiting for it because I think I'll like how it looks. I'll buy a stick based on cosmetics.

rosen88
09-05-2009, 01:40 AM
Here is a post in another thread discussing it.

I hope Rosen doesn't mind me giving him undue attention, but he's a player on tour who I believe is sponsored by Wilson - he uses a KBlade Tour and even if he isn't sponsored, he's got connections with guys like Soderling and others who he cites a lot.

I guess in essence, you're right that the new Prestige won't play like the MG. But it won't play like the FXP either I suppose. But if it plays like and feels like the PC600, we're in luck.

Before you get to carried away I just want to tell you that this is just rumors i heard from a friend of mine that usually dont have a clue about tennis equipment. I think head will release a youtek prestige next year but when and how it feels and plays i do not know. So you should definetly not take my post in the other thread as a fact.

matchmaker
09-05-2009, 02:05 AM

You and many others. The PC 600 was one of the best racquets ever. I will shed bitter tears the day mine give up on me.

dincuss
09-05-2009, 09:25 AM
I hope they have similar or the same specs as the MG's.
PC600 and MG Mid are the same specs right? (except for composition.)

mrmo1115
09-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Thanks guys for your info.

I really hope it does come out some time in Jan of next year. Feels so long from now but hopefully will be worth it.

stormholloway
09-05-2009, 12:41 PM

Good point. I'm not sure what this person is expecting exactly.

But it won't play like a Classic if it does come out. Everyone says that the new line will play like the old one, but it never happens. Plus, the OP never indicated that he heard that the new one will play like the Classic. The person at Head said they might not even be making one, so how could anyone know that it plays like a Classic?

I say: there are plenty of good racquets out there. Pick one.

mrmo1115
09-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Good point. I'm not sure what this person is expecting exactly.

But it won't play like a Classic if it does come out. Everyone says that the new line will play like the old one, but it never happens. Plus, the OP never indicated that he heard that the new one will play like the Classic. The person at Head said they might not even be making one, so how could anyone know that it plays like a Classic?

I say: there are plenty of good racquets out there. Pick one.

I heard that the new line will play like the Classic from posts in other threads RE : the Youtek Prestige

The Head rep obviously was feeding me false information because he had to put me on hold and repeatedly said "um... and uhh..." as if he wasn't sure what to say. I am pretty sure he just didn't want to expose any information.
And note that he told me it might not come out after I kept on asking other questions regarding the possibilities of a new Youtek Prestige

lilxjohnyy
09-05-2009, 09:43 PM
How would you compare the pc 600 to the fxp? And if you had to pick a prestige that played closest to the pc600 (since it will play like the pc)

didnt u play with the MP?? the PC600 is a mid. Anyways comparison to the pc600, top is closest, bottom is least
prestige tour 600
I.prestige
MG prestige
liquidmetal prestige
flexpoint prestige
these are my opinion

lilxjohnyy
09-05-2009, 09:50 PM
if your a member of the dsquad... how come your interested in prestiges?

mrmo1115
09-05-2009, 10:00 PM
The DSquad thing didn't really work out. My coach and I both thought that I shouldn't be heading in that direction. He told me to wait and see if the Youtek Prestige will come out and try that, thinking that the switch won't take a long transition time.

Regardless, I am sure that the Youtek Prestige MP will be my next stick. Its not like I even hated the MG , I just like my FXP a bit more.

didnt u play with the MP?? the PC600 is a mid. Anyways comparison to the pc600, top is closest, bottom is least
prestige tour 600
I.prestige
MG prestige
liquidmetal prestige
flexpoint prestige
these are my opinion

So how will the YouTek Prestige MP play like then? If some of these posts were right and they will be like the PC600, then won't the MP feel like a PC600 but in a MP version?

lilxjohnyy
09-05-2009, 10:58 PM
no because the mid and the mp plays quite different imo. MG prestige mid does not feel like mg prestige mid in a mp version

mrmo1115
09-06-2009, 09:41 AM
no because the mid and the mp plays quite different imo. MG prestige mid does not feel like mg prestige mid in a mp version

Oh okay then. I'll just sit tight until I hear any info on a new YouTek Prestige