PDA

View Full Version : KSix-One Team?

Venetian
09-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Anyone have experience with this racquet that could tell me a bit about how it feels or compare it to another racquet? I just demoed the Drive Z-lite and enjoyed the lighter static weight, but didn't like the very head heavy balance. I'm going to demo the KSix-One Team and maybe the KTour since they seem pretty similar.

I own a few HPS 6.1's and 6.1 Classics and find them too heavy overall for me to use effectively. I'm hoping one of these other Wilsons gives me roughly the seem feel in a lighter package. I'm wondering if the even/close to even balance of these 2 might actually make them feel more sluggish than I would like.

mtr1
09-05-2009, 12:49 AM
I have just switched form this racket but I thought it was great to play with. A good racket if you suffer from tennis elbow and very manouverable at the net.

dadozen
09-05-2009, 04:45 AM
the six.one team is at least 35g heavier than the drive z lite. But it's still very light IMO. Control oriented, 18x20 string pattern, I'm guessing that you'll like this racquet a lot. anyway, demoing first is always a good decision.

tigerstring
09-05-2009, 07:56 AM
I agree with Dadozen that any racket change should be demo guided. Sounds like the Ktour and K6.1 team are good places to start your demoing. I was using the K 6.1 95 16x18 but it was too heavy for me and I switched the Kpro open. It's really just a matter of personal preference. Sometimes the racket with specs you weren't even considering is the one that feels best in your hand.

ryangoring
09-05-2009, 08:05 AM
I have played with probably all of the Wilson 6.1 line of sticks. The 6.1 team is light and easy to control, but it lacks the drive and power of the their bigger brothers.
But if you can provide the power then you will be set.
I left this stick to go to the Kpro Tour, a little more punch for me in this stick.
I don't know what you are looking for, but just by see the sticks that you have used like the PSC 6.1, the Krpo Tour is as close to feel and playability to it, But without the weight of the PSC 6.1.
just my 2 cents

lawrence
09-05-2009, 08:07 AM
i was playing with this racket up until today. its a very good racket but the 18x20 and even balance makes balls fly when i try to slam winners
just changed back to my old racket, rqis100

Venetian
09-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Have any of you hit with the KTour as well? The specs seem pretty similar, but I've heard they feel quite different. I've picked up the KTour a few times and it seemed to have a nice balance. Never actually hit with it though.

tigerstring
09-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Yeah, the K tour is a very different frame than the 6.1 team. Definitely worth a demo though.