PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop AG 300 4D Tour vs. Head Radicals?

jasonmiller
09-04-2009, 11:34 PM
The specs are pretty similar(esp. the lm rad), and pictures look like the mold is probably close too. So, does anyone have access to both to see just how close the head/throat profiles really are? Has anyone played with both and can lend some insight on the differences?

jasonmiller
09-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Nobody? Really??

mrmo1115
09-07-2009, 12:54 PM
To me , its preference on the grip shape. I am a Head user and I really liked the 300 Tour, but the difference of grip shape and size swayed me away and I am still with my Head racquet.

jasonmiller
09-07-2009, 12:59 PM
That's what I had in mind, but in reverse. I'm a Dunlop/Wilson grip fan, but otherwise really enjoy the Head Radicals. I'd be really interested in the AG300 tour if it plays like a Rad but with a Dunlop grip...

mrmo1115
09-07-2009, 01:04 PM
That's what I had in mind, but in reverse. I'm a Dunlop/Wilson grip fan, but otherwise really enjoy the Head Radicals. I'd be really interested in the AG300 tour if it plays like a Rad but with a Dunlop grip...

the babolat grip shape is similar to a wilson, more squared off than a head grip. Head rackets are hard to get used to, and it's even harder to move on from them. one word of advice, though. you may want to throw some lead on the LTD, it's a tad underpowered stock compared to the Prestige line, even a little less than the Mids.

To me, Cup8489 summed it up for me and basically you as well..

If your not a Head user, it'll take a long time to get used to and give you the same feeling that I have from trying to move onto other companies that aren't Head.

jasonmiller
09-08-2009, 04:36 PM
So any actual playing comparisons? Anybody else have anything to add?