PDA

View Full Version : RAS: A serious disease

red7flag
09-05-2009, 11:28 AM
For those of you that are familiar with the music world there is GAS: Guitar aquisition syndrome and MAS: Mandolin aquisition syndrome. In tennis there seems to be RAS: Racquet aquisition syndrome. I have this disorder. Since I started playing tennis again last August I have bought I have bought eight racquets, three of which I still have (2Head MG Rad Pros and 1Head YT Rad Pro). At the moment, RAS is in remission. But, going the the Tennis Legends event at Newcombe's Tennis Ranch, I am sure that RAS will raise its ugly head again. We tennis players seem to want that little extra edge whether we are playing our local tennis buddy or for that next tournament.

fps
09-05-2009, 12:17 PM
MAS=lol!!

I had GAS but it passed (!) when I a) bought a coupla guitars I knew were everything I would want for the next 5 years and b) became very poor :)

Power Player
09-05-2009, 12:18 PM
It's actually called Gear Acquistion syndrome and it subsides once you play for a long time and realize what you really want.

red7flag
09-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Gear acquisition syndrome is too generic. I think that racquets have a very special place in the gear category and deserves its own disease. That there is a seperate "Racquets" thread is evidence to that.
Tony

LafayetteHitter
09-05-2009, 04:43 PM
My game soared when I forgot about trying to figure out if this racquet could do this or that racquet might be better.