PDA

View Full Version : Anyone look at their old frams lately?

film1
09-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Has anyone else noticed tennis players are not really any better than they were 25 years ago?
Have racquets gotten a lot better? Has all the technology n,k,lm,lg etc. made a difference?
Not in my eyes, people were playing at about the same level with the old prince, wilson and kennex and dunlop graphite frames.

I am not wondering if technology has come a long way, I am wondering if it has made much of a difference?

anirut
09-05-2009, 06:40 PM
There are limits to the human body ... Technology helps us make the best use of that human limit.

Venetian
09-05-2009, 06:51 PM
The "technology" is not even real. Liquid Metal? Those racquets don't look very liquidy to me. The companies just change the weight and balance of their flagship frames back and forth every few years and slap on some new paint.

Thepowerofchoice
09-05-2009, 07:25 PM
There are limits to the human body ... Technology helps us make the best use of that human limit.

Great answer. I believe racquet technology has gotten better but I still prefer my 80's and 90's racquet. But human body adaptablity is an amazing thing. The training now is way better than the past (funtional training, stability training, sport spacific traininq, nutrition...) Tennis players now are stronger and faster than ever.

Zielmann
09-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Whether these 'technologies' are any real step up from what used to be or not, but things have changed which have probably helped this conception along.

The biggest difference would be the specs on racquets now days. The specs on the frames that are out anymore are vastly different than they used to be. This would mostly be due to the changes we've seen in the swing styles used by most players over the years.

martinrousev
09-05-2009, 10:52 PM
There are constantly new methodologies of teaching tennis. This might be one reason.