PDA

View Full Version : Youtek Rad vs MG Rad - any difference?

galain
09-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Got to spend about 45 minutes with both of these frames yesterday - MG with Rip Control at 57 and the Youtek with Hurricane at 53.

As far as I was able to tell, there is very very little difference between these 2 frames. Feel was slightly different due to the strings, but everything else, I really would have had a hard time tell ing the difference between the two.

Anyone else or am I way off with this?

Reasonable frame by the way. Not my cup of tea but I could see why people would enjoy it.

Tipsy
09-05-2009, 02:36 PM
MG is better.

domhas1
09-05-2009, 06:18 PM
I like the YT...

bertrevert
09-06-2009, 05:51 AM
Yikes no magical d3o moment for you then!

I thought the MG was a little lighter thank the YT. And a bit softer. I thought there was a little more oomph coming out of the YT and it was sharper directionally.

If you've invested heavily in the MG htere would be no striking reason to change.

Reallt though I think the MG is very flexy when hit hard, very loopy and the YT just wasn't. It maintains its sharpness and doesn't seem to wobble mcuh after any hard-hit shot. Unsure whether I can ascribe this to the d3o or in fact if that is really felt during the split-seconds the ball is on the stringbed. But the YT overall felt stiffer.

furyoku_tennis
09-06-2009, 11:45 AM
if you're going from a different racquet, then you can go with either. if you're going from the microgel to the youtek, then i don't think its worth it. personally, i liked the feel of the youtek better. i got better touch and feel with it than the microgel.

red7flag
09-06-2009, 03:08 PM
I play with both. Funny I just posted a thread talking about this. I took time off for a knee injury and found that I was not playing well with the YT. I switched back to MG which has a lower SW and found that where my game is now I was able to get around on shots better and generate more spin. I think this will change as my timing and game comes back. I am sure I will switch back, especially against heavy hitter. The YT has a lot more plough through. I would like to mention that the player I was playing was a pusher.
Tony

Ten_nuts
09-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Really guys? I thought the UT is much softer than the MG Radical. After experimenting the frame with different leadtape adding, i finally got the ideal set up for my swing style: 0.4 oz along the handle, and 0.3 oz for both 3 & 9 o'clock. With 1 overgrip and a Prince (squared shape) dampener, the racquet weighes 11.9 oz(including string pro red code 17g at 58 lbs). Now it's like 5 or 6 points headlight, it is very easy to swing but very solid, and the low stiffness makes it feel great. If anyone has other setups, please share yours. Thanks.