PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to n61 95 16x18

roihxd
09-05-2009, 10:08 PM
So I've been looking to get a new racquet, but, unfortunately, my beloved n61 95 has been discontinued for quite a while now. I've tried the k61, both 90 and 95, and neither felt right to me. My playing style consists of mainly hard baseline groundies, above average first serve (at least for 3.5's, which is where I self rank myself), and occasional volleys. I also use a slice backhand quite often, but can definitely hit a hard one-hander when I need to.

For my new racquet, I'm looking for something a LITTLE bit easier on the arm, a TINY bit more power, but about the same in everything else.

So, TT geniuses, please help me with some suggestions.

shaysrebelII
09-06-2009, 04:29 PM
if you're left handed, you're almost my clone when it comes to play style.

I'm using the KBT now, cuz I encountered the same problems in terms of finding more. My only real complaint about my n95 was its beam width, a complaint I don't have with the KBT. It's easier on the arm in terms of weight, but its stiffness can get annoying sometimes. One thing that surprised me was how easy it was to get action on my backhand slice (again, I'm a lefty) with the dense string pattern. I don't hit with very heavy topspin, so adjusting from 16x18 to 18x20 was pretty easy for me. If you're someone really looking for spin, I might suggest something else.

all in all, I'd rather have a backup for my n95, but the KBT is as close as I've come to finding one, so I'm content. :) Best of luck!