PDA

View Full Version : Prince Ozone Pro Tour v EXO3 Rebel

Meaghan
09-06-2009, 02:06 AM
Ive been very happy with my Rebels, serve is great, big shots all round, amazing slice, great touch. Recently I havent been using them due to a grommet problem and Ive been tinkering with other rackets, a customised LM Rad that played well and consistently but it never felt stable enough and i suffered from twisting of the head esp with full western grip.
I recently bought the Ozone Pro Tour and liked it straight away. I was getting huge topspin and the racket felt very stable and was surprised to find nice touch at the net. The advantage and problem was the ball trajectory. I could hit great all day and stay in rallies but found it really hard to flatten out a bit and put the ball away.
I then got my Rebels back and played with them and found that added power and serve variation but i noticed my control had gone a bit wayward.
I did a bit of research about balance and SW etc as I was finding myself miss timing more than usual, so I added 7g to 12' in the hoop of my OPT, which brought the SW up to about 360 (it now weighs 366g and the balance is 8pts HL)
I played 5 doubles matches yesterday and never lost, playing higher ranked players. I noticed from the off the stability was rock solid but more importantly the topspin was a lot more penetrating, volleys and touch remained same.
The downside was my serve, still big, but found slice out wide and the heater much harder than with the Rebel. On the plus side the kick serve was better.

I have a dilemma with my Rebel I win a huge amount of points on my serve and can hit some big groundstrokes but I am much more inconsistent, really good or really bad, whereas the OPT I am playing really well all court game, my unforced errors have dropped so much and my confidence in its stability and my groundstrokes, topspin and depth feels like I have found the racket for me.
I know I have made my mind up and am moving to the OPT and Im just gonna continue to try and improve the serve.

What do you think?

Tipsy
09-06-2009, 02:45 AM
From what you have said Meaghan it really sounds like you feel a lot happier when playing with the OPT. When you talk about the Rebel it's almost as if your saying it's performance is very much on a knife edge. When things are going well this racket is brilliant, but the moment things start to get a bit shaky the Rebel doesn't provide the goods.

I have kind of experienced the same thing with the Rebel. Sometimes you can play with it and you are left wondering whether it's the right racket underneath that in your face paint job. It just doesn't seem to be doing the business. Then all of sudden you can be pulling off insane shots with the racket. One thing is for sure with the Rebel, it's certainly unique and it definitely has a personality.

I've looked into the OPT myself, but I always end up going back to the Rebel. The racket is like a drug, you know it can be bad for your game at times, but at other times it's one of the greatest sticks in the world.

Gee
09-06-2009, 02:57 AM
From what you have said Meaghan it really sounds like you feel a lot happier when playing with the OPT. When you talk about the Rebel it's almost as if your saying it's performance is very much on a knife edge. When things are going well this racket is brilliant, but the moment things start to get a bit shaky the Rebel doesn't provide the goods.

I have kind of experienced the same thing with the Rebel. Sometimes you can play with it and you are left wondering whether it's the right racket underneath that in your face paint job. It just doesn't seem to be doing the business. Then all of sudden you can be pulling off insane shots with the racket. One thing is for sure with the Rebel, it's certainly unique and it definitely has a personality.

I've looked into the OPT myself, but I always end up going back to the Rebel. The racket is like a drug, you know it can be bad for your game at times, but at other times it's one of the greatest sticks in the world.

This sounds like your performance with Rebel (or another certain frame) depends on your shape of the day. But It also depends on other external factors like:
your opponent;
kind of balls;
weather conditions;
etc.

So If you practice a lot and keep yourself in shape you can hit great balls consistently with the Rebel.

Meaghan
09-06-2009, 03:02 AM
This sounds like your performance with Rebel (or another certain frame) depends on your shape of the day. But It also depends on other external factors like:
your opponent;
kind of balls;
weather conditions;
etc.

So If you practice a lot and keep yourself in shape you can hit great balls consistently with the Rebel.

Yeah I agree, I think what Im trying to say is that with the added 7g at 12 oclock in the hoop Ive turned the OPT into the 'good day' Rebel but with much more consistency. Its not much added weight, but the added SW has helped my timing of the ball. So it must mean my swing style responds to a SW of 360.

Meaghan
09-07-2009, 05:20 AM
Ljub have you got your sticks yet? Really want to see what you have to say on the 2 rackets.

JackB1
09-07-2009, 07:02 AM
I would use whatever you are more consistent with. Consistency is, by far,
the most important thing in tennis......especially at the amateur level.

Ljubicic for number1
09-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Ljub have you got your sticks yet? Really want to see what you have to say on the 2 rackets.

Hey Meaghan, Yeah I have them I updated my thoughts in the X men thread.