PDA

View Full Version : Prince Ozone Tour and Pure Drive GT

mark1
09-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Anybody hit with both of these? Specs in terms of weight and string pattern are pretty similar. Just curious what the impressions were.

Thanks

ollinger
09-06-2009, 01:23 PM
I've hit with both, prefer the PDGT in every respect. More power, more control in the sense that I felt more confident of being able to direct the ball to a location, even more comfort, as I find the PD has become remarkably more comfortable compared with the last one I used about 10 years ago. Neither of these frames is as stable as I prefer, but this is the price you pay for less weight.

mark1
09-06-2009, 04:51 PM
thanks man!

guess my choice is now between apdc and the pdgt. they seem so similar

Meaghan
09-07-2009, 05:17 AM
The Ozone is much better, more feel, less power, better spin IMO, thinner beam, really solid. The PD is a good stick you just cant feel yourself hitting the ball its so damped, I really struggled with the feedback from the strings, the ozone is damped too but not as much and goes thro the air real nice whereas i felt the PD was like swinking a lump of wood in comparison.

JackB1
09-07-2009, 07:04 AM
those 2 sticks are really quite different. The PD is a power racquet with tons of pop, best used for slamming away from the baseline. The Ozone is a nice all around racquet that you can play any type of game with . Personally, I prefer the Ozone.