PDA

View Full Version : Yonex Racquets, which to demo??

tennismsands
09-07-2009, 04:25 AM
I am thinking about moving up from my Microgel Extreme, I have had it for around 2-3 years and i feel i need a new frame(plus all my pros say i do also). I already have lead tape at 3 and 9 on the racquet, and at the top of the grip. It has a thick beam and it feels very bulky to me. I am going to demo racquets from TW and i want to try a yonex. I am a 4.5 tournament player and i hit fairly flat with some topspin. I talked to the guy at the Yonex booth this year at the US Open and he reccomended the RQis XL. I was thinking that he could just be pushing it since its a new frame, and it was purely based on advertisement. Any help? Thanks

Cloud Atlas
09-07-2009, 04:39 AM
hmmm, if you've already got lead on the extreme, I would have thought the RQiS XL might be a bit light for you? Maybe you could try out the RQiS 1 Tour? I use the RDiS 100 MP and I'm getting to the point were I'm getting used to it and quite like it now. So you could give that a go too, in the mid or the midplus. RDS001 is also very nice. Less stiff than the RDiS. That should get you started on the Yonex's!

Mikey Fresh
09-07-2009, 09:12 AM
hmmm, if you've already got lead on the extreme, I would have thought the RQiS XL might be a bit light for you? Maybe you could try out the RQiS 1 Tour? I use the RDiS 100 MP and I'm getting to the point were I'm getting used to it and quite like it now. So you could give that a go too, in the mid or the midplus. RDS001 is also very nice. Less stiff than the RDiS. That should get you started on the Yonex's!

i am switching the rds001 its a really good racket and it is only like $130

120mphBodyServe
09-07-2009, 09:27 AM
The RDS 002 Tour is also a very good racquet...

sandflea
09-07-2009, 09:34 AM
I'll second the RDS 002 Tour recommendation.

papatenis
09-07-2009, 11:02 AM
I'll second the RDS 002 Tour recommendation.

Yonex will probably come out with newer version of the RDS002 next year, either wait for the newer model or try the RDIS100 mid plus.

tennismsands
09-07-2009, 12:42 PM
ok thanks everyone

tennismsands
09-07-2009, 12:43 PM

Actually, it felt heavier than my extreme suprisingly. very head heavy

tennismsands
09-12-2009, 05:08 AM
Yonex will probably come out with newer version of the RDS002 next year, either wait for the newer model or try the RDIS100 mid plus.

How does the RDIS 100 MId PLus play like?

griggs1140
09-16-2009, 01:54 AM
The RDIS 100 MP was a little stiff for my taste.The racquet has a ton of spin and power. I prefer the RDS 001 line over the new RDIS series. I would recommend trying the new RQIS 1 tour XL 95 as suggested. Its a little light at 11.6 strung but it has great feel, great control, good spin and nice stability for a 11.6 oz stick. If want want something with more weight, stability, and plow go for the RDS 002 tour or the RDS 001 mid they are nice as well. Hope you find what you are looking for :)

saguar0
09-16-2009, 05:57 AM
The RDIS 100 MP was a little stiff for my taste.The racquet has a ton of spin and power. I prefer the RDS 001 line over the new RDIS series. I would recommend trying the new RQIS 1 tour XL 95 as suggested. Its a little light at 11.6 strung but it has great feel, great control, good spin and nice stability for a 11.6 oz stick. If want want something with more weight, stability, and plow go for the RDS 002 tour or the RDS 001 mid they are nice as well. Hope you find what you are looking for :)

I have both, RDiS 100MP and RQIS 1 tour XL 95 now and currently preferring to play with RDiS. It is stiffer, but it gives me more control and spin and is better on serves. My topspin backhand seems to be much better with it (something perhaps it's balance). With RQiS, the slice is pretty amazing though :-)

I'd say demo both for sure but make sure you spend enough time with RDiS, since I didn't like it much at first but then it grew on me.

wilfreb
09-16-2009, 08:45 AM
im using the RDS001 mp and i love it.

film1
09-16-2009, 08:55 AM
I would try out the Yonex gold O.P.S.

tennismsands
09-16-2009, 03:27 PM
I have both, RDiS 100MP and RQIS 1 tour XL 95 now and currently preferring to play with RDiS. It is stiffer, but it gives me more control and spin and is better on serves. My topspin backhand seems to be much better with it (something perhaps it's balance). With RQiS, the slice is pretty amazing though :-)

I'd say demo both for sure but make sure you spend enough time with RDiS, since I didn't like it much at first but then it grew on me.

Alright thanks a lot i think i will demo those two