PDA

View Full Version : Burger Fans!

Court Valkyrie
09-07-2009, 05:37 PM
What's your favorite place to get a burger? (Restaurant and City/State/Country)

How do you like it prepared? (Toppings, Meat Temp)

I am a fan of two places actually,

Fuddruckers here in Kennesaw, GA. 1/2lb w/American Cheeze, mayo and lettuce only. Medium.

Five Guys Burgers and Fries here in Woodstock Ga. Cheezeburger with mayo, ketchup, and hot sauce.

CanadianChic
09-07-2009, 05:49 PM
The best burger I have ever eaten was at the SunRise Coffee Shop in the Sawridge hotel in Jasper Alberta. I crave it every once in a while.

I like making my own burgers. Usually it is a homemade beef patty, sauteed mushrooms, onions, tomato, lettuce, a little shredded cheese (either mozza or cheddar), mayo, mustard and ketchup on a kaiser bun.

We used to have a Prairie Pantry in town but they've closed. The most amazing hangover cure was their hot burger. The patty was saturated in hot sauce to the point where it was falling apart and it was loaded with jalapenos.

If I have to do a fast food burger, I actually enjoy the Big Extra from Rotten Ronnie's (no cheese no mayo) or the Teenburger from A&W (no bacon).

Venetian
09-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Culvers' Butter Bugers

maddogz32
09-07-2009, 06:14 PM
i havent been there but i live in the city that has a restaurant that was voted to have the best burger in texas. im going there soon

S H O W S T O P P E R !
09-07-2009, 06:24 PM
2 joints in my small town of Mt. Prospect:

Photo's. Double cheeseburger is insane and they have great secret sauce.
Great hot dogs too. Then there's the Gyros Factory, the first place I ate out at when I moved out of the city. Double cheeseburger, no onions or pickles, extra lettuce and honey mustard. ORGASMIC

raiden031
09-07-2009, 06:28 PM
My favorite burger believe it or not comes right out of my freezer. It is the Jennie-O brand frozen Turkey burger. Add bacon, cheese, tomato, A-1, and mustard and I absolutely love it. I'm not really into the fatty beef burgers these days and no restaurant can compare to the taste of this bad boy. Oh and I'm being dead serious here. If I go to a restaurant I usually get chicken sandwiches.

scraps234
09-07-2009, 08:33 PM
alright... im a fan... i like burgers from about every where but fast food and havent tried in and out..... like mine with provolone cheese onions ketchup pickles and some sesame seeds.....

TheShaun
09-07-2009, 08:34 PM
call me crazy, but i love the bacon cheese burger from Whataburger!

VivalaVida
09-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Double Quarter Pounder from mikey Ds is really good.

JJK947
09-07-2009, 09:18 PM
What's your favorite place to get a burger? (Restaurant and City/State/Country)

How do you like it prepared? (Toppings, Meat Temp)

I am a fan of two places actually,

Fuddruckers here in Kennesaw, GA. 1/2lb w/American Cheeze, mayo and lettuce only. Medium.

Five Guys Burgers and Fries here in Woodstock Ga. Cheezeburger with mayo, ketchup, and hot sauce.

They put a five guys in my town back in connecticut (only one within at least a hundred miles I believe). To make a long story short me and a couple of other friends basically lived off that place for at least a couple of months. That place is heaven for a burger lover. Personally: Bacon Cheeseburger w/ BBQ sauce, grilled mushrooms, grilled onions: And a lot of exercising the next day. Needless to say, I almost died when I saw there was a Five Guys 1/2 a mile from my college dorm this year.

LanEvo
09-07-2009, 09:25 PM
i like In and Out, its pretty good, especially the 4x4s, i think i may go in one day and order a 10x10, but on a very hungry day, and Nation's burgers are good as well, oh yea and Gameworks burgers they good, i had the halfpounder there, tho i shoulda opted for the full pound because they give u a $10 play card

LanEvo
09-07-2009, 09:26 PM
oh for my burgers i dont really have a preference for what these places put on them, tho one day i would like the Sweet Onion sause to be put on a burger, i wanan try that bc Sweet onion sause on any Subway sandwich is awesome right now

atatu
09-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Fast Food: In & Out, anywhere in Socal
National Restaurant Chain: Five Guys
Local Restaurant Chain: Mighty Fine, Austin Texas
Local Retaurant: Roaring Fork, Austin

kimbahpnam
09-07-2009, 09:43 PM
in WA: Dick's, Five Guys, and Burger Express. I wish we had In-N-Out, but Dick's is pretty similar.

TahoeTennis
09-07-2009, 10:33 PM
in n out reigns surpreme, however the one burger that can beat them,
if you are in New Mexico:

Blake's Lotaburger: Green Chile Cheeseburger

fed_the_savior
09-07-2009, 10:38 PM
backyard burgers

hollywood9826
09-08-2009, 05:31 AM
I really like Fuddruckers Bison burgers. with a little BBQ sauce, cheese, lettuce and pickle.

Fast food wise the Double Western burger from Carls Jr is really good also.

Five guys' burgers are average IMO but the french fries they serve are great especially with some vinegar and old bay seasoning.

Im waiting a couple years to go to memphis and try a burger from dyers. they have been frying the burgers in the same grease since they opened the joint in 1912. so in 2012 I am going to dyers to eat a burger fried in 100 year old grease

El Diablo
09-08-2009, 08:44 AM
100 year old grease? Somebody deep-fries burgers??

Fedace
09-08-2009, 08:49 AM
where is the best Burger in the country ?

PimpMyGame
09-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Half pounder with gorgonzola, bacon, lettuce and tomato.

dParis
09-08-2009, 11:00 AM
If someone told me my next hamburger would be my last, I would drive up to Milwaukee and have the Burger Au Poivre served at Elsa's on the Park. A small but substantial leather menu with the dessert selection on the first page letting you know, "Life is short; order dessert first". And they serve Pimms in a heavy copper cup. Great joint; and rather hip actually.

Once in a while I'll make Mexican style burgers. I top it with a roasted jalapeno that I slice open and remove the ribs and seeds. Makes it edible for all tastes but still leaves a little heat. Add cheddar/jack and a squeeze of lime and I blend some canned chipotle in adobo with a little ranch dressing or mayo and that's the sauce. No ketchup on that one. A slice of tomato and red onion works well with it; if you please.

LuckyR
09-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Fast food burgers aren't about the burger. They all use inferior grade frozen meat and it is all about the toppings upon the flavorless leather.

Restaurant burgers can do the same, but the good ones use good quality meat. Some prefer less toppings to cover up the great burger, others like lots of toppings.

Five Guys jumps to the head of the class by merely not using terrible meat. There are plenty of other places that do the same, though.

Mr.Brightside
09-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Shake Shack in NYC. Amazing burger (cheese, lettuce, pickles, ketchup), amazing fries, and DELICIOUS milkshakes.

Terr
09-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Homemade on a barbey in the middle of July with a side of chunky fries and a cold Corona.

But failing that the Burger Joint at NYC's Parker Meridian is great! No fuss. They ask you how you want your burger cooked, how many pieces of meat. What salad. Pickles. Then serve it to you wrapped in waxed paper. Old school. :D

On the West Coast when I get hungry, In N Out. Just because I remember it from my childhood travels.