PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Aeropro Control

Bed78
09-08-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm playing with the Babolat Aeropro Drive at the moment but I'm looking to change at the end of this season. The Aeropro Drive creates alot of power but I feel like I'm not as consistent as I should be with this racquet. I realized these two factors while playing with a friend's racquet last week, he plays with Babolat Aeropro Control (it's an older model). The two differences between this two raquets is that the Aeropro Control is 98 sq.in., instead of 100 sq.in., and it's also 20 grams heavier. Not sure if it was just me but the 98 sq.in. made the racquet seemed way smaller, which gave a better control of the raquet. That being said, can anyone provide some expertise regarding the Aeropro Control (if it's a good racquet) and has this raquet been replaced by a new racquet. I'm also open to demo other company's racquet if the specs are similar to the Aeropro Control. I usually stay on the baseline so that's why I would like a racquet that gives me a bit more control than the Aeropro Drive while not loosing to much power.

Eric

Mercury_J
09-08-2009, 12:28 PM
I've played with the Aeropro Control extensively in the past, I own one myself, and can give nothing but praise to the racquet. You are correct in that it will give you more control, but also, I found, still possess quite a lot of pop, and crispness, due to the relatively high stiffness rating. Spin was still fairly esy to produce, from anywhere on the court, and despite it's high swingweight, I felt it went through the contact zone quite quickly.

If you can find ones new or used, they are still the best option if you like them, but if not, the Aerostorm Tour is generally considered the updated version. Personally I preferred the Aeropro Control over the AST, and I can also recommend the Pure Storm Tour, but the feel is quite different.

From other manufacturers, you may like the Head Extreme Pro, the 16x18 Wilson k Six-One 95, or the Dunlop Aerogel 500 Tour.

Storm_Kyori
09-08-2009, 12:45 PM
As Mercury J said, the APC has been updated by Babolat which turned into the Aero Storm and AS Tour. The Tour is the heavier model weighing about the same as the APC.

I've had both and played with them side by side and I preferred the AST. It felt more solid thoughout the stringbed. The Aero design of the APC makes it a little less solid to me when compared against the AST. I felt more comfortable whne hitting out of the sweetspot with the AST. I also liked my serve better with the AST as well. They are almost the same with a few minors differences, but you should play well with either. You could also get the lighter version, the AS and customize from there if you'd like.

Other suggestions though, I can't add.

Bed78
09-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Thanks for your help. I will demo the Aero Storm tomorrow so I will see if I prefer the AS compare to the Aeropro Control. I'm curious to know why there's not alot of people (advance players or even pros) who play with these two racquets (AS and APC).... The reason I say this is because I haven't found alot of people using these two racquets. I guess people prefer to play with a racquet that generates more power instead of control.

Mr.Brightside
09-09-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm playing with the Babolat Aeropro Drive at the moment but I'm looking to change at the end of this season. The Aeropro Drive creates alot of power but I feel like I'm not as consistent as I should be with this racquet. I realized these two factors while playing with a friend's racquet last week, he plays with Babolat Aeropro Control (it's an older model). The two differences between this two raquets is that the Aeropro Control is 98 sq.in., instead of 100 sq.in., and it's also 20 grams heavier. Not sure if it was just me but the 98 sq.in. made the racquet seemed way smaller, which gave a better control of the raquet. That being said, can anyone provide some expertise regarding the Aeropro Control (if it's a good racquet) and has this raquet been replaced by a new racquet. I'm also open to demo other company's racquet if the specs are similar to the Aeropro Control. I usually stay on the baseline so that's why I would like a racquet that gives me a bit more control than the Aeropro Drive while not losing to much power.

Eric

Fixed it for you.