PDA

View Full Version : Transition from OS to MP / MS

i_need_rice
09-08-2009, 04:17 PM
I've been playing for about a year, two - four hours a week. (except in the winter)

As a beginner I started with an Oversize (110sq. inch) and yesterday I decided to demo a Midsize. (95 sq. inch) How hard was it for you to get use to it?

I felt I could really control the ball but I would have to swing my racquet a whole lot faster and it wore me out, it was like hitting mud. My serves improved and that isn't surprising I guess. But my groundstrokes were terrible unless I really put all my effort into each stroke. Just wanted to hear some thoughts and experiences?

W1L50N=B3A5T
09-08-2009, 04:26 PM
I first used a wilson n5 oversize (113 sq) and switched to a K95 (95sq) and i found out the hardway players frames are demanding. I had a serious wrist and shoulder problem for a while. After i got used to it, i switched to KPS88 (90sq) and finding it a lot more fun to hit.

Players frames are demanding...

autumn_leaf
09-08-2009, 05:07 PM
you quickly find out that you can't slack off. hit the gym or something or else go to a lighter more forgiving frame. i'm finally stepping down from a players to something i can swing faster and be competitive with in my last year of college.