PDA

View Full Version : Fila Quality

Chopin
09-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Anyone tried the modern Fila stuff? Does most of it suck? I ordered the Santoro II shorts and I'm planning on returning them.

Has anyone tried these? If so, do they run true to size?

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMAFILA-FMMCIIS.html#

Conquistador
09-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Fila is probally the most durable apparel on the market along with under armour. Most of their stuff is top of the line with tremendous quality built into each product. Look at all of the female tour pros using the product. Names like Clijsters and James Blake, as well as many many others show why Fila is the next big thing.

Chopin
09-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Fila is probally the most durable apparel on the market along with under armour. Most of their stuff is top of the line with tremendous quality built into each product. Look at all of the female tour pros using the product. Names like Clijsters and James Blake, as well as many many others show why Fila is the next big thing.

Hmm...well it used to the big thing, but not so much anymore. IMO Blake's shirts look awful with the super long sleeves. I might try these shorts though.

Conquistador
09-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Hmm...well it used to the big thing, but not so much anymore. IMO Blake's shirts look awful with the super long sleeves. I might try these shorts though.

What does it matter in who endorses them. Quality is quality no matter if Roger Federer or Donald Young wears them. Endorsements come from companies with a high advertising budget. Fila does not have the capital to compete with Nike--hence their quality is known by many that know the fashion industry like me. I think it is silly whenever people see nadal or federer or roddick wearing something and they think that the product must be good because they are good. Its just ignorance.

El Diablo
09-08-2009, 08:43 PM
"Look at all of the female tour pros using the product"
-----Conquistador, 3:21 AM
"What does it matter in who endorses them"
-----Conquistador, 3:28 AM

Chopin
09-08-2009, 09:40 PM
"Look at all of the female tour pros using the product"
-----Conquistador, 3:21 AM
"What does it matter in who endorses them"
-----Conquistador, 3:28 AM

Yeah...I was about to type the same thing.

Chopin
09-08-2009, 09:42 PM
What does it matter in who endorses them. Quality is quality no matter if Roger Federer or Donald Young wears them. Endorsements come from companies with a high advertising budget. Fila does not have the capital to compete with Nike--hence their quality is known by many that know the fashion industry like me. I think it is silly whenever people see nadal or federer or roddick wearing something and they think that the product must be good because they are good. Its just ignorance.

OK, well you did tell me to look at Blake and all the WTA pros wearing it...so I'm a little baffled by your last post.

Regardless, you're saying you've worn some of the stuff and that it's of good quality?

SempreSami
09-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Look at all of the female tour pros using the product. Names like Clijsters and James Blake

Y'what ? :-?

woong69
09-08-2009, 11:27 PM
I've got a pair of shorts and a shirt
and the quality is good.
Actually i think the quality is better than Nike or Adidas....

I had to put my shirt in the bleach one time
but the colors did not change at all....

My yonex cap changed from black to brown though.....

Chopin
09-09-2009, 02:04 PM
The shorts I bought are decent--I guess I'll keep them. The medium fits quite a bit looser than the mediums I have in Nike (runs small) and Polo, but they're still pretty nice.

schenkelini
09-09-2009, 03:33 PM
I bought a pair of shorts at TJ Maxx for cheap, and I like them a lot.

mrcalon
09-09-2009, 10:49 PM
fila's pockets are weird. i find the pockets fall out the side of your leg if you run too fast and there's a ball in your pocket. looks kind of weird. never happens to me with nike shorts. what do you have to say about that conquistador?

brinkeguthrie
09-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Fila now is much different than the Borg-Vilas heydey. Those clothes were amazingly expensive, Egyptian cotton from Italy. Tremendous. Now, it's mass-market. Meh.

Chopin
09-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Fila now is much different than the Borg-Vilas heydey. Those clothes were amazingly expensive, Egyptian cotton from Italy. Tremendous. Now, it's mass-market. Meh.

Yeah, I agree.

Sup2Dresq
09-10-2009, 08:27 PM
I was surprised to hear that Fila is South Korean owned.

Sergio Tac is owned by a private Chinese investor.

Only Italian brand that still Italian owned is Lotto and you can barely find it to buy.

Sucks!

Jack Migger
09-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Fila has been my favorite sportswear brand ever since they sponsored Grant Hill when I was a kid who loved basketball. Now it's carried over to being my favorite brand for my now favorite sport tennis as an adult (and the fact that my favorite old school player Bjorn Borg wore is reason enough for me to wear it).

robby c
09-10-2009, 09:05 PM
I have two Fila warmups. The pants waist size was roomier than I thought. Returned them for the next smaller size. Perfect fit.
I had lost 30 lbs so I didn't know what I needed. Return process was easy with the warranty info and return shipping label that came in the package. I called customer service just to be sure.
Robby C

MagPro
09-11-2009, 08:01 PM
fila's pockets are weird. i find the pockets fall out the side of your leg if you run too fast and there's a ball in your pocket. looks kind of weird. never happens to me with nike shorts. what do you have to say about that conquistador?

I find it hard to get the balls out of the pockets also. Weird cut!

MAXXply
09-13-2009, 06:08 AM
I'm sure FILA marketing are loving Clijster's success...the classic red, white and blue FILA colours are getting the sort of tournament exposure not seen since Borg and Vilas (Becker's green and blue atrocities from '88-89 don't count).

I just love Kim's warm-up jacket - haven't seen such a cool jacket since Evonne Cawley at Wimbledon '80 - surprise, surprise, hers was a fetching red FILA number too.

Unfortunately, us guys are stuck with the dreary and uninspiring Heritage navy version. I'd wear Kim's if they sold them in a men's size.

tomas9848
09-13-2009, 06:35 AM
so it is pretty nice stuff???

Kevin T
09-14-2009, 08:58 AM
I was surprised to hear that Fila is South Korean owned.

Sergio Tac is owned by a private Chinese investor.

Only Italian brand that still Italian owned is Lotto and you can barely find it to buy.

Sucks!

What about Diadora?

Fedace
09-14-2009, 09:00 AM
Anyone tried the modern Fila stuff? Does most of it suck? I ordered the Santoro II shorts and I'm planning on returning them.

Has anyone tried these? If so, do they run true to size?

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMAFILA-FMMCIIS.html#

If you hate them, how do think Santoro feels ??:)

Sup2Dresq
09-14-2009, 09:08 AM
What about Diadora?

So true! Thanks for correcting me. I did not mean to speak with definite terms.

Yes.

As of June 2009

Financial holding LIR has reached an agreement to by Diadoraís assets. The financial holding owned by the Moretti Polegato Family, acts on the real estate markets, editorial markets, footwear and apparel sectors. As the majority shareholder of GEOX, LIR has gained great knowledge of the footwear and apparel markets. The international company has therefore invested in the decision to acquire the historic Italian sportswear brand Diadora. The agreement is in place for the restoration of the company, with LIRís intentions to further develop the historic Italian brand. Diadora is credited with making Italian district Montebelluna internationally renowned for producing quality footwear.

So how is the diadora stuff? Nice?

Kevin T
09-14-2009, 10:02 AM
So true! Thanks for correcting me. I did not mean to speak with definite terms.

Yes.

As of June 2009

Financial holding LIR has reached an agreement to by Diadoraís assets. The financial holding owned by the Moretti Polegato Family, acts on the real estate markets, editorial markets, footwear and apparel sectors. As the majority shareholder of GEOX, LIR has gained great knowledge of the footwear and apparel markets. The international company has therefore invested in the decision to acquire the historic Italian sportswear brand Diadora. The agreement is in place for the restoration of the company, with LIRís intentions to further develop the historic Italian brand. Diadora is credited with making Italian district Montebelluna internationally renowned for producing quality footwear.

So how is the diadora stuff? Nice?

I love what I've tried, particulary the Matteo shorts and UV crew. Probably the lightest, best-wicking stuff I have...very high quality poly. Unfortunately, all their shoes are on clearance and other than the Guga stuff, they haven't released anything in the US in quite a while. My questions to TW have gone unanswered. I'm worried they'll pull out of the US market.