PDA

View Full Version : Lacoste Hat Quality

YenNguyen
09-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Hey, I was wondering about getting a new hat and I'm thinking about getting one from Lacoste. What I want to ask is about if the quality of the hats are good.
The hats that I were thinking of were
http://shopapparel.lacoste.com/p/Mens-Trucker-Cap/B000SEMCPO
And
http://shopapparel.lacoste.com/p/Mens-Sport-Check-Tennis-Cap/B002CT129K?intid=ref_dp_vPopover_img
I'm gonna get either in white, but only one, so say which hat is better.

maverick66
09-08-2009, 07:44 PM
I just got a lacoste hat and its good. Its very light but it doesnt seem cheaply made. If you are used to baseball type hats then you will barely feel it on your head when you play.

lilxjohnyy
09-08-2009, 07:48 PM
i loved it when i use it... i have the red and the blue one. Great quality. I just want to get a white one. but i think it will get dirty too quickly

YenNguyen
09-08-2009, 07:51 PM
I just got a lacoste hat and its good. Its very light but it doesnt seem cheaply made. If you are used to baseball type hats then you will barely feel it on your head when you play.

Thanks, and I'm going to infer that you're talking about the blank hat, not checkerboard, and btw I know taylor dent, he goes to my tennis club and he taught me my serve and volleys

maverick66
09-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Its not a trucker hat its more like the blank one. Its not listed on there site my mom picked one up for me in Europe. Its the same thing just a different pattern and color scheme.

I might have to change the Taylor Dent sig. He lost like a bum. He raised my hopes only to crush them two days later.

NadalFan1990
09-08-2009, 09:33 PM
I don't like the trucker ones a whole lot.
don't get me wrong, they look nice, but, when I throw it in the wash (even if I air dry it), the front seems to keep crumpling up. I sweat just like Roddick - always dripping off of the bill of the cap within a few games. I throw 'em in the wash in hopes of keeping them smelling nice.

but I have thought about just running them under warm water in my bathroom sink and then hanging them to hang-dry quickly. - I'ts the same that happens when I throw these new RF Hats in the wash too

hammer
09-08-2009, 10:21 PM
I wish they would just sell a plain white polyester tennis hat with just the logo on the front.

logicflawed
09-08-2009, 11:31 PM
I own all of them, and they do get pretty dirty looking fairly quickly... but they are all very comfortable, the trucker to me is the most comfortable. a little oxyclean in the sink for a few minutes seems to do the trick for me to clean them regularly.

maverick66
09-09-2009, 11:11 AM
I wish they would just sell a plain white polyester tennis hat with just the logo on the front.

i used to have one like that but it gets pretty dirty real fast. Like after 1 day i saw a nice sweat line and after a week it was a new color.

Tennis_Wiz
09-09-2009, 03:15 PM
excellent quality

callen3615
09-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Its Lacoste of course it is.

Blask
09-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Lacoste hats are of good quality but I personally wouldn't wear the trucker hat as a tennis/sports hat. I think it's not really made for that as it's pretty heavy and thick. It does make a great casual hat though.

YenNguyen
09-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Ok, so the Lacoste hat (blank) seems to have some mixed review, but I'm guessing as logic said that all the washing problems will go away with a little oxyclean, so that makes it mostly good. The only thing that nobody hasn't really been saying is that is the hat good for absorbing the sweat and keeping the head cool?

tennisnj
09-10-2009, 06:30 PM
I have the White checkered Lacoste hat & Maverick said it right that you hardly know it's on your head when you're moving around. Most of my other hats are Adidas & they're not as light. Wore it a few times & sweated quite a bit, but washing it didn't seem to ruin the hat in any way.