PDA

View Full Version : POG vs Ozone Pro Tour

woong69
09-09-2009, 04:11 AM
I'm currently using the POG mid...newer version
Although I'm happy with my POGs
Since they are not going to be producing the POGs anymore
I've been thinking of OPTs as my next racquet..

How do they compare?
according to TW, the specs look prettyt similar (except the head size of course)

Has anyone made the switch?

madmax7776
09-09-2009, 05:43 AM
Not exactly what you're asking, but I have recently switched from the POG Mid to the Diablo Mid after years of playing with POG's.

I demo-ed a bunch of racquets in the process. But the Diablo just felt right from the first few hits. Loving the more dense string pattern. It's funny I'd got used to realigning my strings on the POG after a few shots and now I almost don't have to.

Weight is pretty much the same. Racquet doesn't give you as much feedback, feels muted, but that's just the different grip material (leather vs synthetic). In all honesty, I'm starting to like the synthetic grip 'cause my arm doesn't feel the impact of the ball on hard shots or some mishits. Sweet spot seems to be a bit larger as well.

Spin is pretty much the same with any racquet for me. I hit with a lot of heavy topspin. Open or dense patterns don't really make a difference, so in that regard, I can't really tell.

Control is amazing. It feels really solid at the net too.

I play with a soft poly for the mains and multi for the crosses.

If you haven't played with a Diablo, you should at least demo it. I wanted to try out the newer technologies, more powerful, bigger head racquets, and I ended up with that. And it costs a lot less too...

Good luck and happy hunting...

Meaghan
09-09-2009, 06:56 AM
Ive not hit with the PoG but been using the Rebel and have recently moved to the OPT. I liked it straight away but it needed a little adjustment to my taste. with about 12g in the handle and 7g at 12" in the hoop. Now its super stable, more penetrating with great spin, good feel and touch too. I lose a bit of mph on the serve but I gain in consistency and depth. Obviously the headsize is different but I do find this a very control orientated racket.
If you can demo it give it a go. The spin you'll notice will be more than the POG thats why I added extra weight to the hoop so that its more penetrating like my rebel and I expect like your POG.

Bengt
09-09-2009, 07:19 AM
The spin you'll notice will be more than the POG.

I haven't played the OPT, but I used to play the POG mid. It's a thin-beamed 14 x 18. Pretty spinny.

Do you think the holes on the new Princes have a noticeable effect on spin?

Meaghan
09-09-2009, 07:44 AM
I haven't played the OPT, but I used to play the POG mid. It's a thin-beamed 14 x 18. Pretty spinny.

Do you think the holes on the new Princes have a noticeable effect on spin?

Yes I really do.

The pog may be 14 x 18 but with the larger head size of the OPT its probably quite similar in spacing.