PDA

View Full Version : adding weight to microgel radical pro

Bantlord
09-09-2009, 04:14 AM
Picked these up a few weeks ago, not bad bats, but the sweet spot feels a little too low for my liking.

I would like to make them a bit more solid, but dont want to alter the balance too much, where do you guys recommend adding the weight, from those that have used / play with these rackets.

cheers peeps

Bartelby
09-09-2009, 04:41 AM
I thought it was too low, as well, so I've been thinking 2 or 3 grams at 12.

wao
09-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Picked these up a few weeks ago, not bad bats, but the sweet spot feels a little too low for my liking.

I would like to make them a bit more solid, but dont want to alter the balance too much, where do you guys recommend adding the weight, from those that have used / play with these rackets.

cheers peeps
I added mine to 10/2 ( 12 gave me great pop on my serves).

furyoku_tennis
09-09-2009, 11:34 AM
your choices are pretty much 10/2 or 12 if you want to move the sweetspot higher. if you don't want to alter the balance too much, then you'll have to counterbalance with weigh in the handle of the racquet.

JackB1
09-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Isn't the Radical Pro pretty hefty already?

Would adding weight at 10 & 2 raise the sweetspot?
You might need to counter it in the handle to keep it
headlight???

Bantlord
09-10-2009, 05:19 AM
Isn't the Radical Pro pretty hefty already?

You might need to counter it in the handle to keep it
headlight???

Surely counter balancing the bat would mean the sweet sport stays in the same place?

JackB1
09-10-2009, 06:34 AM
Surely counter balancing the bat would mean the sweet sport stays in the same place?

Not quite. If you add weight anywhere above mid hoop, it will raise the sweetspot. When you counter it with weight in the handle, it is just keeping the overall balance the same, but WILL raise the sweetspot a little.