PDA

View Full Version : Nike apparels from different made...your opinion?

hyperwarrior
09-09-2009, 06:28 PM
This is to all customers who bought the Nike products over the last few years...
Am I the only one who notices the difference of fabrics between the Nike apparels made in China and those ones who are made in Thailand or made in Vietnam???

I have some Nike apparels clothes and those who are made from China, seems to have cheapers fabrics...It's less comfortable and is tighter to the body.

Any thought on that?

Thanks!

Evry1hateslefties
09-09-2009, 07:31 PM
It's not that the quality of the fabric is poor, it's just different. The products made in China are most often made with a higher percentage of Polyester, which performs best when skin tight. When polyester is in a fabric and fits loose, it actually works like a thin fleece and heats up your body.

Evry1hateslefties
09-09-2009, 07:32 PM
That's the reason for them fitting more skin tight than normal.

mtommer
09-09-2009, 10:03 PM
It might have to do with the source mills being different in the different countries. I'm not sure if that's true or not, just speculating.

Evry1hateslefties
09-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Labor in China and India are most of the time the cheapest one can get, but thats just generalizing.

Some factories prodyce very high quality product.

TnTBigman
09-10-2009, 12:52 PM
It's all over the place. Europe sourced stuff fits much tighter than US. Euro's Nike XL fits like a snug L, but the material is much better. 90% of US bought Nike stuff made in China fits true to size. Although some tennis Tee's I've bought that said XL seemed like XXL. I havent noticed any difference in the material wether its made in China, Vietnam, Philippines or Thailand. THe only way to tell is to get the same design/type that were made in different countries and compare.

The_Question
09-10-2009, 01:04 PM
What I noticed is not so much on material, but moreless on sizing...

eric draven
09-10-2009, 01:33 PM
What I noticed is not so much on material, but moreless on sizing...

Agreed, their sizing has seems to have become more inconsistent. Part of the reason I don't buy their apparel anymore...

innoVAShaun
09-10-2009, 02:10 PM
I bought a Nike Dri-FIT cotton graphic tee from the Philippines in size medium. It was small from the get-go. I might have to put it up on e'bay.

I'll edit this later with the pic.

Evry1hateslefties
09-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Their polols are definitely missized. Every one ive bought this year has felt awkward