PDA

View Full Version : looking to upgrade...advice needed

ituleb
09-10-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm a 4.0 player wanting to change rackets. I've played with the Prince o3 white for awhile, and am looking to upgrade. I play primarily at the baseline, hit fairly flat shots, 2-handed backhand. I'm trying to develop more of a net game as well.

I liked the Prince, but it has always felt different than other rackets I've played with - I know it's the 'o' rings, it just really mutes the feel sometimes. It feels sluggish; not necessarily heavy, but still not very aerodynamic and quick (sometimes I feel like I'm lugging it around). I think it may be a tad too powerful for me. I'd like something similar to it in power, just a little less. Also something that doesn't have too small of a sweet spot area (I'll be honest, I can be a little lazy with my footwork sometimes, so something that offers a little forgiveness is a must).

I'm coming off of a shoulder injury, so something that is solid and generally not too harsh on the arm is important (my doc used the words 'arm-friendly').
I want to demo some new frames, but not sure in which direction to go. Played in the past with Wilson and Yonex, both of which always felt pretty good, but honestly I'm open to anything. Any advice on good frames that may match some of these descriptions? There seem to be so many out there, I just need a jumping off point.

Thanks!

vndesu
09-10-2009, 02:16 PM
i would give the speedport tour a try.
if anything a microgel prestige pro also

mosh17
09-10-2009, 02:47 PM
I'd recommend the prince exo3 rebel 95. I think it's a little less stiff than most control oriented frames, and you can always string it looser if it doesn't have enough power.

furyoku_tennis
09-10-2009, 03:35 PM
try the aerogel 4d 200