PDA

View Full Version : Head Liquidmetal Radical MP vs Microgel Extreme Pro Original

THESEXPISTOL
09-10-2009, 05:35 PM
One of my sparring partners and also a good friend needs to buy some racquets. His beloved Wilson HPS 6.1 are old and broken. He's an allcourt player. He's getting older soo he wants a slighty bigger frame (98 or 100) and lighter racquet (between 310g and 330g) soo he talked me about that.
I offered him some of my head extreme pros for him to test and he liked it. But he's in doubt between my Extreme Pro and some Liquidmetal Rads MP.
The fact of the extremes being more expensive is not a issue he said.
They're close in weight but different headsizes and different stiffness...

What is difference between the playability between these two?
Which would you choose?

FedererForehand
09-10-2009, 07:03 PM
LOL your friend my ***. Why don't you just be honest about it and say it you who is considering switching. You've been asking about the LM Rad MP in multiple threads lately. Why don't you just buy a used one and try it out- you can get one for about $40USD if look on in the classifieds instead of making up these ridiculous threads about your "friend" wanting to switch. Give us a break - we're not that dumb .

THESEXPISTOL
09-10-2009, 07:13 PM
LOL your friend my ***. Why don't you just be honest about it and say it you who is considering switching. You've been asking about the LM Rad MP in multiple threads lately. Why don't you just buy a used one and try it out- you can get one for about $40USD if look on in the classifieds instead of making up these ridiculous threads about your "friend" wanting to switch. Give us a break - we're not that dumb .

dude.. you're one of those guys that love conspiracy theories..
My friend came to my house yesterday and he asked me to create a topic about how the racquet played. Today he tested my extreme and the asked me to create this one.

Why are you always flaming me in every thread i open?
If what you want is to trade your Federer forehand with my SEXPISTOL... The answer is no!

meowmix
09-10-2009, 07:54 PM
LMAO at the joke...

Anyhow... I agree with the above poster who suggested that you buy a used LM Radical to try out. They're not overly expensive, and if you don't like it, you can put it right back on the market. You might lose 5 dollars on the sale... but that's a small price to pay for demoing as long as you want.

coyfish
09-10-2009, 08:17 PM
I play with LM radicals. I love the balance, feel, touch, access to spin, perfect power, control. Good players racket. Ive just finished demo'ing almost every new racket available and I have really been able to see the pro's / con's of the LM.

The frame feels solid on groundies but is very flexy come serve / volley. I think its biggest weakness is at net. If you don't hit the ball perfectly . . . expect the worst. Its only an average serving racket.

Granted I use the older, and better :), austrian made radicals that they no longer produce.

I think the new youtek radical is better. They feel similar on groundies but the youtek is much more stable at net.

furyoku_tennis
09-10-2009, 11:29 PM
IMO the radical is lighter, but leaves more room for customization. never really a big fan of the extreme pro. the radical plays softer and IMO with better control, probably due to the string pattern.

FedererForehand
09-11-2009, 07:13 AM
dude.. you're one of those guys that love conspiracy theories..
My friend came to my house yesterday and he asked me to create a topic about how the racquet played. Today he tested my extreme and the asked me to create this one.

Why are you always flaming me in every thread i open?
If what you want is to trade your Federer forehand with my SEXPISTOL... The answer is no!

I'm just asking- you've been asking a lot of questions about the LM Radical lately, thats all. Here are other threads where you've also asked about them... just seemed like u were interested.

Any no... not interested in your sexpencil- I don't roll that way, sorry to disappoint you. :roll:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=3910346#post3910346

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=286686

Il Mostro
09-11-2009, 08:03 AM
I find the LM MP to lack a solid feel in stock form -- lead fixes this and still results in a stick that can be whipped around at will and is suitable for all-court play. Great in stock form for feeding balls. At current prices, these represent nice value.

GS
09-11-2009, 08:18 AM
A new Extreme Pro would cost him $170. A LM Radical or an Instinct is just $69. If he wants to go crazy, a Head Youtek is $199.
If he's really picky, just have him demo the Radical and an Instinct, from TW.
But yeah, a Radical with some lead tape is a pretty good way to go.

furyoku_tennis
09-11-2009, 09:27 AM
^^^the original extreme pro doesn't cost $170. they're about the same price as a liquidmetal radical or instinct.

film1
09-11-2009, 09:39 AM
I have not put my extreme pro on the scale strung with over grip and dampner but my guess is it's around 12.5 oz based on other racquets I have and know the weight of so the radical might be lighter if that's a goal.

This is a rough estimate based on the way the frame feels to me.

GS
09-11-2009, 10:06 AM
^^^the original extreme pro doesn't cost $170. they're about the same price as a liquidmetal radical or instinct.

Where is this stick sold for $70?
TW sells the MicroGEL Extreme Pro for $180, and the Extreme Team for $170.
So I guess one of these are being sold for less thru a TW competitor, eh? Fill us in.
(Japanese prices?)

furyoku_tennis
09-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Where is this stick sold for $70?
TW sells the MicroGEL Extreme Pro for $180, and the Extreme Team for $170.
So I guess one of these are being sold for less thru a TW competitor, eh? Fill us in.
(Japanese prices?)

The Op was referring to the microgel extreme pro original. Those go for less than $100 though they're not as easy to find now that they're not in production anymore. I think you're talking about the microgel extreme pro with teflon grommets. Those cost a bit more, but you can still find them aroun dfor less than $170. I picked up an extreme pro original awhile back for about $70.

meowmix
09-11-2009, 01:51 PM
The Op was referring to the microgel extreme pro original. Those go for less than $100 though they're not as easy to find now that they're not in production anymore. I think you're talking about the microgel extreme pro with teflon grommets. Those cost a bit more, but you can still find them aroun dfor less than $170. I picked up an extreme pro original awhile back for about $70.

There's actually quite a few websites that stock them, as well as a very reputable guy on the bay. They cost either 89 or 99. Really not hard to find.