PDA

View Full Version : [K]Blade Tour

tennisplayer132
09-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Does the Kblade tour give decent spin potential? I've heard that due to its small head size (93 sq in) and tight string pattern (18x20), generating heavy spin is "nearly impossibly" and very difficult and not recommended for spin players. At the same time tho, I've heard people say that spin is easy to generate if you get the proper strings etc. I'll be demoing the racket myself but I just want some more input. I would prob string it with a poly/syn gut hybrid at mid tension around 56.

tennisplayer132
09-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Also, I head the Technifibre X-One Biphase works well with this racket, any opinions on that?

furyoku_tennis
09-10-2009, 11:31 PM
spin isn't hard with the racquet. IMO, its more about technique than the racquet. try stringing at a lower tension and experiment a bit. it might not get as much spin as say a k90, but it still gets a good amount of spin.

The_Punisher
09-11-2009, 10:44 AM
the way i look at it, you get as much spin as you put in with this racket. there is no "free" spin, like you'd get from an APDC or k90, but then again, there doesn't seem to be a "lack" of spin either.

technifibre x-one biphase is a very good multifilament. however, i truly recommend a full poly for this racket if you're going for control/spin, or at least a hybrid if you want a little more pop. i haven't yet found a multifilament that i would string fully on my kbt.