PDA

View Full Version : Fischer M Pro Number One 98 selection?

sinnetklat
09-11-2009, 05:10 AM
I had a k6.1 and due to arm issues, I had to give it away. To me, it had good control, but was too stiff.

I was about to decide to have a LM instinct or radical.

Meanwhile, the specs of Fischer M Pro Number One 98 atracted my attention. Its weight= 335g SW= 317g Stiffness= 58

It seems to be arm-friendly and may have good control (?) Some previous comments point that it is too flexible. Some say it has good control or it has too low power.

Are there ex /current users of this racquet to comment on it ? Is it an arm friendly racquet with good control? Has it any power problem? May it be preferred to LM instinct or radical?

Thanks everyone ...

fuzz nation
09-11-2009, 05:30 AM
That Fischer is a decent frame that would probably play much softer than the Wilson, but since it's also lighter, you should expect a bit less pop from that frame. One thing to keep in mind though, is that if that racquet endows your shots with more control, you may be able to hit hard with consistency. I think of this as "controllable power" in contrast with "raw power" (or "pop" which I mentioned above) that I might find in a frame with a combination of extra heft and/or stiffness.

If you liked the control of the K, you could consider a demo with one or two racquets that are also a bit hefty, yet more flexible. The M Pro that you're looking at might be great in stock layout, but you could also put a little lead on it for more stability. The same goes for the Yonex RQiS 1 Tour. I have nothing against the LM Radical, but I'd expect the Instinct to be rather stiff.

A couple of softer frames with some heft that I also recommend you read up on include the Yonex RDS 002 Tour, the Becker 11's, and the Volkl C10 and PB 10. The Donnay Pro One from TW is a wonderful old school racquet with oceans of feel and control, but it does have a bit less pop than some other models.

markwillplay
09-11-2009, 05:37 AM
becker 11 mid has been best frame for my arm ever. I think the mp is as well. I had two of those fischers and while they were nice, the sweet spot on my 11 mid was larger and balls hit near frame much more forgiving believe it or not. Also better plow...for what its worth....I sold the fischers.

vtdownhiller
09-11-2009, 08:36 AM
The fischer with a little lead in the head and handle hits beautiful...I have 2 Granites and an M1

furyoku_tennis
09-11-2009, 09:24 AM
if the k6.1 was too stiff for you then, then the fischer leaded up is probably going to be the softer solution you're looking for. for the price, its well worth it.

sinnetklat
09-11-2009, 12:12 PM
So, I got the idea that M-pro 1 being leaded might be suitable for me as an ex-k6.1 player.

Are there anyone else to compare M-pro 1 to LM instinct or radical for me?

(Thanky you very much to all of you that have answered and will answer)

iscottius
09-11-2009, 12:27 PM
So, I got the idea that M-pro 1 being leaded might be suitable for me as an ex-k6.1 player.

Are there anyone else to compare M-pro 1 to LM instinct or radical for me?

(Thanky you very much to all of you that have answered and will answer)

The M pro 1 will be the lowest powered have the best feel and best for your arm.

The instinct will have slightly more pop, a more muted feel and be ok for your arm.

The rad has some nice pop, nice feel, but with the tighter string bed might be a little tough on your arm.