PDA

View Full Version : Good 11.0 oz - 11.9 oz racquets?

sc0tt2288
09-11-2009, 03:11 PM
I am not a expert on racquets but ive been wondering what are some good frames between 11 oz to 11.9 oz that has decent stability and is a good racquet?:confused:

Carlito
09-11-2009, 03:25 PM
I am not a expert on racquets but ive been wondering what are some good frames between 11 oz to 11.9 oz that has decent stability and is a good racquet?:confused:

Dunlop 300 is pretty good and reasonably priced. Buy there are so many variations between rackets 11 to 11.9. I also like aerostorm.

Flyingpanda
09-11-2009, 03:31 PM
That range is like the most common racquet range, so it really depends on what you're looking for. Judging from your lack of racquet knowledge and you're preference for a weight that's above beginning level, I'm guessing you're a decent player but no pro.

You'll probably want a good tweener, 100 headsize.

Off the top of my head:

Yonex RDS 003
Babolot Pure Drive (any variety normal, plus, roddick, roddick plus)
Babolot AeroPro Drive (plus or normal)
Dunlop 4D 300, 4D 200
Most of the Wilson K- racquets

I suggest you try out Babolot Pure Drive first.

sc0tt2288
09-11-2009, 03:41 PM
yea i tried out my friend babolat pure drive cortex and i liked it...got really good topspin and good for serving but for some reason when i hit the ball near the side of the racquet it would twist but my shot most of the time would still go in but i didnt really like it twisting on me

ScoopsHaaganDazs
09-11-2009, 03:45 PM
I personally like the Head Prestege Flexpoint Midplus. Very solid. I found it stiff at first, but it feels soft now. You could probably find some online for about $140.

prjacobs
09-11-2009, 03:56 PM
I don't get very good feedback from the Babalots. If you're looking in that power range, you might want to try the Dunlop 4D 500 tour. Even though it's also a stiff frame, I get much more feel from it. 100sq. in. 16 X 18 open string pattern. All of my shots were very successful with it.
Others I've tried and not liked as much:
Becker Pro
Volkl Powerbridge 8

I own a Head Flexpoint Radical Pro and it feels like a board to me:)

Flyingpanda
09-11-2009, 04:02 PM
yea i tried out my friend babolat pure drive cortex and i liked it...got really good topspin and good for serving but for some reason when i hit the ball near the side of the racquet it would twist but my shot most of the time would still go in but i didnt really like it twisting on me

Hmm I've never noticed that from the pure drives, if the racquet is twisting too much, that might be because either the racquet isn't heavy enough, it's too head light, or you're really mishitting. Try some other racquets and compare the twisting factor to them. The babs are probably the most forgiving racquets of this range.

sc0tt2288
09-11-2009, 04:21 PM
like i said i am not a expert but my other racquet i play with is more stable on the sides than the pure drive but it is alot less powerful...............not saying that it twists that much...it rarely does but when it does i can tell

dadozen
09-11-2009, 05:07 PM
There is a large number of racquets that are within this weight range. Most of them, to be honest. As said before, it really depends on what you're looking for in a racquet.

I use the Dunlop AG 4D 300 Tour and it really is a great racquet, I added a little lead tape and it weighs now 331g strung. Very solid, performs like a heavier racquet, without being 12+ oz. Dense string pattern, excellent for flat hitters( I hit with moderate spin ).

But there plenty of choices, from plenty of brands. Try them and check what you like the most.

Good luck!

TripleB
09-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Depends on what type of game you play and what you are looking for in a racquet but my favorite is the Gamma T-7. I think it's overlooked because it's not a Prince, Wilson, Yonex, or Babolat (or at least that's why I overlooked it to begin with) but it's an amazing racquet. Search for my thoughts on it here on the boards.

TripleB

Conquistador
09-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Dunlop Aerogel 500 Tour is really good. I have 2 of them.

canadave
09-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Just so you know, scott, the question you asked is very vague. It's like asking, "can you name some good cars?" Basically everyone would just name their favourite car. Similarly, in this thread, you're basically just going to get a list of racquets between 11 and 11.9 ounces.

Your best bet is to use the Racquet Finder tool, set it to show all racquets between 11 and 11.9 ounces, and then try to add some additional criteria that might help narrow down your choices. Try to figure out what balance you might want in a racquet (head heavy or head light), what head size, what swingweight, etc. If you don't know those terms, look them up in search here, or use the "TW Learning Center" link on TW's page. Then, you'll hopefully narrow things down more.