PDA

View Full Version : prokennex heritage type c

PJN
09-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Can anyone help me with the following question: what is the difference between the ProKennex Heritage Type C Racquet and the ' Redondo' version?
Why does TW carry the latter only, while the prokennex website listst the first? Is it correct that they have different specs? Do they play differently? Where can I get the non-redondo' version?
Thanks!

Polaris
09-11-2009, 10:49 PM
PJN, yes the two racquets are different. If I recall right, the PK Heritage Type C Laver is slightly stiffer and heavier than the Type C Redondo.

I have never played with the Heritage Type C Laver, but have a Redondo Midplus which I like a lot, owing to that fact that it is a safe racquet for people who have had tennis elbow.

I expect that the Heritage Type C would feel slight raw, or crisp compared to the Redondo, which feels smooth and somewhat underpowered because of the greater flex.

Unfortunately, PK no longer makes the Heritage Type C, so I am surprised that they still show it on their website. You can, from time to time, find a Heritage Type C on **** for around $100.

Alternatively, you could check out the PK Black Ace. I think that, under the paintjob, the specs of the Black Ace are closer to the Heritage Type C than to the Redondo. Ask anirut, since he has played with the Black Ace as well.

Deuce
09-11-2009, 11:18 PM
I believe the Laver has Kevlar in its mix.
80%-20% graphite-Kevlar, I think.

anirut
09-12-2009, 01:36 AM
^
^
Per Deuce, yes, the Heritage Laver Type C has Kevlar.

I've tried it and it's nice, more muted than the Redondo, due to kevlar I suppose.

In fact I bought it off a friend of mine (Yuth, a fellow tt-er) and, after having mod the racket, Yuth tried it, liking the modded version so much, he took it back. I should've paid him first before modding ... lesson learnt ...

The Laver Type C is also heavier than the Redondo. The current BlackAce, on the other hand, is crispier than the Redondo and Type C.

Each of these three has its own character:

- If you like it raw and comfy, low SW, try the Redondo.
- If you like it muted and comfy, higher SW, try the Laver C.
- If you like it crisp and comfy, medium-high SW, try the currect BlackAce.

That's what I feel. Hope this helps.

kayipster
03-10-2010, 10:14 AM
I have one for sale, 4 1/4 grip and MSV poly (main) and syn gut (cross) strings at about 55 pounds. I hit with it three times and about 10 minutes each time. It looks virtually new. If you wish to buy it, please contact me at kennedyip@gmail.com, thx!