PDA

View Full Version : NIKE tennis camps

cgreenlee88
04-10-2004, 06:42 AM
this summer i might go 2 a nike tennis camp at the college TCU in texas.....

i read tennis magazine yesterday and it said almost all the NIKE tennis camps are the same....
TCU is my favorite college, and NIKE tennis camp is in the top 10 for the tennis magazine camps for juniors...
btw im 15 and at champ level wanting to become a ranked super.

so how are nike camps? how are the pros there? did u learn anything? what do u do there?

thanks
chris

blakestheman
04-10-2004, 07:54 AM
hey dude,
i'm a 16 champ too, i live in lewisville
u want to hit sometime?

cgreenlee88
04-10-2004, 08:41 AM
lewisville.....hmm.....i live in rockwall......ill be glad to hit with you, but i think ur quite a distance from me........im chris greenlee btw

i take it u havent been to any NIKE camps, huh

blakestheman
04-11-2004, 09:13 PM
you know daniel snover?
are you better than him, i beat him at the champs in nov.

cgreenlee88
04-12-2004, 07:36 AM
yeah i know snover.....he plays on the rockwall team....and we used to take lessons together....i havent played against him in awhile.....last time he beat me tho.....but im better now :-)

what's your name

blakestheman
04-16-2004, 01:56 PM
Damon Van Eaton

Smashlob
04-20-2004, 04:14 PM
To address the original questions, Nike camps vary considerably, they are all over the place.

I have been to one at the Petty school, UCSD, UCSC and a couple others I believe. I liked the UC's, good pros and good directors, but the petty school sucked.

rogercox
04-21-2004, 05:58 AM
You can rate any junior camp you've attended, NIKE or otherwise, and read the reviews posted by other campers by going to http://travel.tennis-warehouse.com/TWTravel/TW_JuniorReports.cfm

steve d
04-30-2004, 03:41 PM
I attended the Nike Camp at the University of Illinois in the summer of '01. I had a good time and felt like I got my moneys worth. You get to listen to the best college coach in America, Craig Tiley, and hit a lot of balls. I also enjoyed watching the Illini players drill while we had lunch. Got to see a lot of Phil Stolt (a real nice guy) and Brian Wilson, two of the best players in college tennis.

For me, the only downside was too much attention to doubles. I like to watch doubles, I detest having to play doubles. But I can understand why they do it since so many like to play doubles.

The best part was getting stomped by a tall lefty counselor who had the best kick serve I had ever played against. He said I was the only camper to have gotten a game off of him but I don't know if he was just trying to make me feel better.

If you go in July take lots of dry clothes because if it is as hot as it was for us you will soak through to the skin in no time.