PDA

View Full Version : And Henman's using.......And Rusedski's using.....

uk_skippy
04-10-2004, 08:07 AM
Just been watching the Davis cup match of Great Britain v Luxemborg an notied that Rusedski's rqt was not the normal royal blue, white and red paintjob, but what seemed to a Slazenger X1 with a Donnay logo. Now Dunlop/Slaz are owned by the same people who own Donnay, I wondered if Greg was now going to be sponsored by Slaz.

Henman on the other hand was still using his Pro Braided paintjob. Also wondered if they were getting Rusedski on board 'cause Henners didnt want the new rqt or a new paintjob.

I was also told by a rep from another company (not Wilson, Donnay, Dunlop, Slaz) that Henners rqt is actually a slightly modified Wilson Prostaff classic that he was using before he signed with Slaz. He also 'confirm' that that was the same as Federer and Rusedski.
Wonder where this is also going to end??

david aames
04-10-2004, 08:30 AM
Rusedski is playing with a new prototype. It's a Donnay.

uk_skippy
04-11-2004, 06:13 AM
What's your source David??

Kevin T
04-13-2004, 05:54 AM
Thomas Martinez is likely the man with an answer. It wouldn't surprise me if Gag was using a Slaz X-1. Sport Soccer owns the Donnay name and purchased Dunlop/Slaz a couple of months ago. Everyone knows that the Pro Braided models were a direct copy of the Pro Staff Classic 6.1, as is the Donnay Rusedski Pro. Gag used to use the Pro Staff 6.1, so that makes perfect sense.

thomas martinez
04-13-2004, 07:36 AM
Nope, prototype Donnay is what he is using. Simple as that. He still has a few years left on the Donnay contract going by an article written about him from a few years ago. Tim, I just simply guess he went back to the old frames for reasons on he and his people know.

04-13-2004, 08:38 AM
Has anyone tried the new X1 and can offer feedback/impressions. It's stats look great but in this BB there is confusion as to what specs are correct: TW's measured or Slaz's posted. How does it play compared to the Henman Pro Braided?