PDA

View Full Version : Since Nadal Lost

JohnnySpot
09-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Does that mean

- if Federer wins, it is an "illegitimate win" because he didn't play Nadal?

- if Federer wins, it is a "legitimate win" because Del Potro beat Nadal fair-and-square?

- if Federer loses the US Open, it's because he is not the GOAT

- if Federer wins the US Open, it's because he is lucky to get a "joke draw".

- if a hamster bit your leg, you would die from rabies?

Discuss!

joeri888
09-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Joke draw and asterikses all over the place obv.

:rolleyes:

Haasquet
09-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Oh, geez, another one of these threads...

there are just so many factors that you can't really give a yes-or-no answer. I mean, does the hamster have rabies? Is there 100% certainty that you will contract rabies by being bitten by an afflicted animal. Could the hamster teeth even break the skin?

Wait... is this a trick question? Does the person being bitten already have rabies before the hamster bite?

Seriously, dude, I'm getting sick of all the hamster threads. They're killing me!

mcshift
09-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Legitimate win all the way...i hate it how people are like federer winning the FO was not legit since nadal wasnt in the final. He doesnt have to beat nadal to legitimize a grand slam win.

tudwell
09-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Hamster are rabid

ArrowSmith
09-14-2009, 11:14 AM
It's never legit unless he can beat 100% Nadal at the French Open. Any thing else is not legit. In fact there should be only one match held a year in the ATP, French Open Final Roger vs Rafa. It's a 2-man tour right?

Fedfan1234
09-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Actually it means that Nadal's slam win at the AO 2009 is illegitimate!! He never played Del Potro, he would have been destroyed.

mcshift
09-14-2009, 11:22 AM
It's never legit unless he can beat 100% Nadal at the French Open. Any thing else is not legit. In fact there should be only one match held a year in the ATP, French Open Final Roger vs Rafa. It's a 2-man tour right?
see people like you dont understand that theres people other than fed and nadal in the ATP... a win is a win no matter who it is. so your gonna come up with excuses for nadal not being %100 at the FO...well last year Fed wasnt %100 from having mono and missing many training sessions in dubai before Wimbledon.

sureshs
09-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Illegitimate win - the depth of the men's tour is so low right now that Federer can beat his opponent with his back to the net and hitting between the legs. Nadal, the only real contender, was injured and barely able to serve or move.

We will have to wait for a healthy Nadal to get some life back into the tour.

joeri888
09-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Illegitimate win - the depth of the men's tour is so low right now that Federer can beat his opponent with his back to the net and hitting between the legs. Nadal, the only real contender, was injured and barely able to serve or move.

We will have to wait for a healthy Nadal to get some life back into the tour.

When Fed had some trouble, and wasn't playing to his full capacity, did you consider Nadal's wins in the weak field also fluky? How about his Olympic Gold medal for instance. Was that illegitimate too? He beat GONZALEZ in the final!!!

I didn't think so.. :rolleyes:

joeri888
09-14-2009, 11:29 AM
see people like you dont understand that theres people other than fed and nadal in the ATP... a win is a win no matter who it is. so your gonna come up with excuses for nadal not being %100 at the FO...well last year Fed wasnt %100 from having mono and missing many training sessions in dubai before Wimbledon.

Arrowsmith was being sarcastic

sureshs
09-14-2009, 11:42 AM
When Fed had some trouble, and wasn't playing to his full capacity, did you consider Nadal's wins in the weak field also fluky? How about his Olympic Gold medal for instance. Was that illegitimate too? He beat GONZALEZ in the final!!!

I didn't think so.. :rolleyes:

7-13 is not a fluke thing. Defeats in 3 Slam finals is not a fluke thing.

I will say this: Federer deserves his wins as it is not his fault that Nadal was injured. But you can't help feeling that the rest of the guys are lacking in something, maybe something in their head.

bruce38
09-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Actually it means that Nadal's slam win at the AO 2009 is illegitimate!! He never played Del Potro, he would have been destroyed.

Excellent point!

bruce38
09-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Nadal getting to the Quarters losing only a couple of sets is proof that the injuries did not affect him that badly. Beating an on-fire Gonzo cannot be done if you are injured, not even Nadal. Then losing to DelPo, sorry I mean getting crushed, simply proves he was outplayed on his worst surface. Meanwhile Fed manages to get to the finals of his worst surface year after year allowing Nadal to improve H2H. Hence h2h is meaningless.

poplar
09-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Nadal fans are funny. They don't mean to be.

lessthanjake
09-14-2009, 01:18 PM
I will say this is a bit different than the French Open. Nadal has Federer's number on clay. I would favor Federer to win if they met at the US Open. So it's not illegitimate at all if he wins it without playing Nadal.

DonBudge
10-10-2009, 05:24 AM
can't blame roger for nadal loses, come on! be smarter please