PDA

View Full Version : I'm surprised they aren't showing the US Open men's final on TV

ubermeyer
09-14-2009, 03:13 PM
I wonder why they decided not to show the men's final on TV. Tennis Channel is as usual showing some garbage instead, ESPN is showing football, CBS is showing something else...

What gives? Did they think there wouldn't be any viewership or something? I'd personally rather have watched it on my TV than computer... and I missed over half the match...

tennis08tarheels
It's on CBS.

ZhengJieisagoddess
Maybe you need to do a little surfing. It's on.

i love t3nn1s
09-14-2009, 03:14 PM
??? Im watching it right now on CBS... lol

ubermeyer
09-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Oh wow... I looked on the wrong CBS channel. The other one was showing Judge Judy but guess what? it was actually the Final. Yesterday on TiVo guess what I taped? The show running at the supposed time of the final, on Tennis Channel. The description? US Open, Men's Final. It turned out to be some trash about cooking and stuff. How was I supposed to know to tape Judge Judy? I hate the television idiots. Now I've missed more than half the match because of them and school.

woody88
09-14-2009, 06:44 PM
Oh wow... I looked on the wrong CBS channel. The other one was showing Judge Judy but guess what? it was actually the Final. Yesterday on TiVo guess what I taped? The show running at the supposed time of the final, on Tennis Channel. The description? US Open, Men's Final. It turned out to be some trash about cooking and stuff. How was I supposed to know to tape Judge Judy? I hate the television idiots. Now I've missed more than half the match because of them and school.

if you are as big of a tennis fan like you seem to indicate, you would have did a bit more research and know that US open was going to air at 4pm EST on the dot, no matter what your tv guide say. you should've seen this coming a mile away when it was moved to Monday.

Bhagi Katbamna
09-14-2009, 08:54 PM
I actually put on CBS and all I got was Oprah, the local news, CBS evening news with Katie Couric and another broadcast of the local news.

Araxen
09-14-2009, 08:56 PM
In Chicago thankfully they showed the Finals. I would have been a very mad person if they didn't.

Deuce
09-14-2009, 09:29 PM
I actually put on CBS and all I got was Oprah, the local news, CBS evening news with Katie Couric and another broadcast of the local news.
Yeah... it's interesting how some local CBS stations simply chose not to carry the Final.
I'm in Canada, and my CBS feed only caught up with the Final in the 5th set (8pm)!
Thankfully, TSN (Canadian sports network) had it from its beginning at 4pm... but even they switched it over to the less available TSN2 at about 6:30pm!
So I watched from 6:30pm to 8pm on RDS - TSN's French sister station - as that's the only station it was on.

Tennis simply gets no respect.

Figjam
09-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Jenius!!!!!!

Hot Sauce
09-14-2009, 09:53 PM
You should've been taping Judge Judy regardless.