PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't Ljubicic and Ancic playing in Davis Cup?

ubermeyer
09-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Why aren't Ivan Ljubicic and Mario Ancic playing for Croatia in the Davis Cup semifinals? They only have Cilic, Karlovic, Karanusic, and some joker named Lovro Zovko (unless he'll play doubles, he's good at doubles).

What's up with Ljubicic and Ancic? Are they "cick" or injured?

NamRanger
09-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Ancic is focusing on Law I believe while Ljubicic is probably injured, otherwise he'd be playing doubles (which he is SUPER clutch at).

ubermeyer
09-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Ancic is focusing on Law I believe while Ljubicic is probably injured, otherwise he'd be playing doubles (which he is SUPER clutch at).

Seriously? Ancic, a young talented player, is actually ditching tennis to focus on something else? That's WTA cr*p!

NamRanger
09-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Seriously? Ancic, a young talented player, is actually ditching tennis to focus on something else? That's WTA cr*p!

I think he's been dealing with a bout of mono or something like that. So he's doing law now. Ljubicic on the other hand, is probably injured based on what I saw between him and Djokovic.

Max G.
09-14-2009, 08:08 PM

Persistent and recurrent injury/illness. He hasn't been healthy in years, and at some point I can't blame him for saying that enough is enough.

As of earlier this US Open, his condition was reported by someone as "he can't train for 20 minutes without suffering." http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/8232205.stm . Don't know the details.