Any idea? My top 5 hardcourt players for 2009 :

1. Rafael Nadal
2. Juan Martin del Potro
3. Roger Federer
4. Andy Murray
5. Novak Djokovic

EtePras
09-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Sounds about right. Nadal did better at the US Open than Del Potro did at the Australian Open, and has 1 more non-slam title.

ArrowSmith
09-14-2009, 08:21 PM
But Fed is player of the year with Channel Slam.

paulorenzo
09-14-2009, 08:27 PM
sounds about right.
delpo did great on hard this year. like 2 hardcourt tournies and the USO or something.
nadal, however, won a hardcourt 1000 in the beginning, if i recall.

grafselesfan
09-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Too early too tell. Wait until end of the year.

Halba
09-14-2009, 08:29 PM
indoor courts are a different beast(later in the year). murray is usually good indoors.

flying24
09-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Any of Nadal, Del Potro, or Federer could take the title of the best hard court player of the year depending how they do this fall. Since I expect Nadal to do nothing much this fall that would be Del Potro or Federer unless they also do nothing. Federer did not win a hard court slam but was in the finals of both which has to count for something.

Murray with his grand slam flubs can not be any higher than the 4th best hard court player of the year no matter what.

EtePras
09-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Federer should not be in contention for best. The slams are what matter, and he failed to win one this year on hard courts. Plus he only has one masters win on hard courts so far. He could win all of the remaining hard court events this year and it still doesn't measure up to a grand slam tournament.

dh003i
09-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Federer should not be in contention for best. The slams are what matter, and he failed to win one this year on hard courts. Plus he only has one masters win on hard courts so far. He could win all of the remaining hard court events this year and it still doesn't measure up to a grand slam tournament.

He was in the finals, though. But I agree, winning a either the AO or USO is so great it outweighs finals appearances there and anything else.

Federer is clearly 3rd best on HC this year, though.

Slam consistency, he was the best though.

RFLEGEND
09-14-2009, 08:56 PM
your a real idiot this is how it goes
1. Roger Federer
2. Novak Djokovic
3. Andy Murray
4. Del Potro
5. Gonsalez

Last Rafeal Nadal

paulorenzo
09-14-2009, 09:00 PM

enjoy neutralizing your own arguments, eh?

you say "the slams are what matter." which is true, he did the third best in the hard court slams this year after nadal and delpo.
if slams are what matter, why bother talking about masters titles at all? don't try to accentuate your point with the fact that he has won only one masters this year on HC, because, according to you, "the slams are what matter."

norbac
09-14-2009, 09:03 PM
1. Roger Federer
2. Novak Djokovic
3. Andy Murray
4. Del Potro
5. Gonsalez

Last Rafeal Nadal

No you are wrong..this is how it goes.

1-Diego Junquiera
2-Richard Gasquet
3-Marat Safin
4-"Pamela"
5-Troy Polamalu

Nadal

volleynets
09-14-2009, 09:04 PM
1. Roger Federer
2. Novak Djokovic
3. Andy Murray
4. Del Potro
5. Gonsalez

Last Rafeal Nadal

Dude Gonzalez? WTF? of this year? He hasn't won ANYTHING compared to Nadal on HC this year. Nadal has a slam and Indian wells. That is 3000 points on Hard courts not counting the others like Miami where he got Quarters, Rogers where he lost to Del Potro, and Cincy with his SF loss to Djoko. Federer has both Hard Court Major Finals but Nadal and Del Potro are tied for the best of the year as both have a GS and Delpy has two HC Masters Finals while Nadal has 1 HC Masters and QF at least of all the others.

For this year it is clearly Rafa, Murray, Federer, Del Potro, and Djoko in no particular order as I do not want to think about it right now.

volleynets
09-14-2009, 09:06 PM

That would put Federer at third best since he made both finals of the Hard Court majors by YOUR standards. How is third not one of the best? out of the 1000000000 tennis players in the word?

akv89
09-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Here's a list of the top players and how many ranking points they accumulated over 2009 on hard courts (excluding Davis Cup)

Player: Pts # of tournaments played
Rafael Nadal: 4785 8
Roger Federer: 4390 7
Juan Martin Del Potro 4385 9
Andy Murray: 4160 9
Novak Djokovic: 3320 10
Andy Roddick: 2760 10

reytol
09-14-2009, 09:17 PM
1. Roger Federer
2. Novak Djokovic
3. Andy Murray
4. Del Potro
5. Gonsalez

Last Rafeal Nadal

Let me get you this :shock: : )

IvanAndreevich
09-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Too early too tell. Wait until end of the year.

Bingo. If Fed wins TMC, it could tip in his favor.