PDA

View Full Version : Leif, Martina, and Connors

35ft6
09-14-2009, 10:13 PM
The worst commentating I've ever heard in my life. And Martina was by far the worst. Unbelievable. Never seen or heard anything like it. I'm still in shock.

Please, do not ever let Martina near a microphone again. Epic tennis fail. Dear gahhh....

Tony48
09-14-2009, 10:15 PM
I just got done watching the replay on the tennis channel. Yeah...I found myself disagreeing a lot with what Martina had to say.

Deuce
09-14-2009, 10:26 PM
They have Leif Garrett doing tennis broadcasts now?

Wow.

I can understand why it would be bad.

Did he sing?

papatenis
09-14-2009, 10:35 PM
10charrrrr

bluetrain4
09-14-2009, 10:57 PM
During Tennis Channel's coverage of the French Open, I thought Martina was great, but she wasn't during this match.

Commentating isn't as easy as it looks, and there needs to be a good "set up" person to direct the commentary. Martina had this at the French Open.

35ft6
09-15-2009, 08:53 PM
I should have recorded all the wacky stuff she said and made a compilation video. It was a tour de force of weirdness.

For example, at one point, Del Potro blasted two cross court forehands. Federer barely got to both and hit a slice squash forehand. Barely got his racket on it, but got both balls in play and drew the unforced error. Martina says: "oh no. now he's hitting slice forehands. I don't like that. He should come over the ball." WTF!?

Basically, anytime either lost the point, they did something wrong. If they won the point, they did something right. It was never a matter of somebody imposing their game, or exerting pressure, or losing the point but while going for the right approach. It was all reactive commentary based on who just won the point. And whoever was down at any given moment looked "tired." It was amazing how many times she had to correct herself as the momentum shifted.

And I've never heard so many alarmist comments in the first game!!!! In the first game, she was talking non stop about how he better shape up or he's going to lose the match quick. It continued the second game, they were talking about how Del Potro should have went for winners off his returns in the first game, oh no, he's going to lose.

Unbelievable.

FitzRoy
09-15-2009, 08:58 PM
I thought she was completely disconnected from reality during that whole match.

35ft6
09-15-2009, 08:59 PM
^ Great description.