PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Aussie Open

ArrowSmith
09-14-2009, 10:38 PM
I'm saying Federer is the favorite. He's going to get his Dubai training for the first time in 3 years and he's going to have his serve and groundstrokes absolutely fine-tuned for the first slam of the year.

Fedace
09-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Roger has NO chance of winning that in 2010. Too many guys can beat him now on that slow hard court. Nadal already kicked his butt last year. and now Delpotro can definitely beat him.
and now Novak Djokovic can and will be chomping at the bits for revenge.
And Murray will be looking for his 1st slam win there and Roger is his pigeon.
and Now Cilic has proven he can beat anybody on hard courts now.

ArrowSmith
09-14-2009, 10:46 PM
We'll see. Roger is awesome when he gets his Dubai training session.

mandy01
09-14-2009, 11:25 PM
Roger trains in Dubai every year and he did so this year too.He's far from a lock at any slams henceforth.

ArrowSmith
09-14-2009, 11:26 PM
Roger trains in Dubai every year and he did so this year too.He's far from a lock at any slams henceforth.

That's not true, he didn't train in Dubai this year because of the back issue.

mandy01
09-14-2009, 11:28 PM
That's not true, he didn't train in Dubai this year because of the back issue. He did.He took two weeks of vacation and did two weeks of preparation though it could've been more of rehabilitation exercises.

ArrowSmith
09-14-2009, 11:29 PM
He did.He took two weeks of vacation and did two weeks of preparation though it could've been more of rehabilitation exercises.

That's my point - it wasn't the all-out training he usually did back prior to 2008.

flying24
09-14-2009, 11:30 PM
Roger has NO chance of winning that in 2010. Too many guys can beat him now on that slow hard court. Nadal already kicked his butt last year. and now Delpotro can definitely beat him.
and now Novak Djokovic can and will be chomping at the bits for revenge.
And Murray will be looking for his 1st slam win there and Roger is his pigeon.
and Now Cilic has proven he can beat anybody on hard courts now.

Yes all you said makes sense.

-Nadal is really playing at the level to win hard court slams right now.
-Del Potro beat him in the U.S Open final so is a lock to always beat him again.
-Djokovic has lost 5 sets in a row to Federer since he returned to form yet he somehow has the edge over him.
-Roger is Murray's pigeon even in slams when Roger kicked his butt in straight sets last time they played (not even in a slam) and the only time they played in a slam Roger destroyed him in straight sets. Not to mention Murray's stellar slam record up to now.
-Yes Cilic has proven so much. With his 0 wins over anyone in the current top 6 and inability to beat a 31 year old Haas at Wimbledon despite hitting over 100 winners.

Great logical point as usual by the never a troll Fedace. :roll:

ArrowSmith
09-14-2009, 11:34 PM
flying24 - why even try?

Cyan
09-15-2009, 03:45 AM
Fed will only win wimbledon in 2010. No more slams.

JennyS
09-15-2009, 04:01 AM
The Aussie Open is the hardest Slam to predict, given that it occurs at the start of the year. But I think Roger will be hungry to win it again. We'll see.

RFRF
09-15-2009, 04:05 AM
He did.He took two weeks of vacation and did two weeks of preparation though it could've been more of rehabilitation exercises.
correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roddickfan1000
09-15-2009, 05:14 AM
I have to go with roddick on this. He might not be a top5 player but he is in with a shot + i am a loyal fan who doesn't go off fonning over the next GS champion

jwbarrientos
09-15-2009, 05:27 AM
1. Roger, 2. Delpo, 3. Rafa, 4. Nole ... that would be my order.

Fr4Nc0
09-15-2009, 06:20 AM
-Yes Cilic has proven so much. With his 0 wins over anyone in the current top 6 and inability to beat a 31 year old Haas at Wimbledon despite hitting over 100 winners.

Great logical point as usual by the never a troll Fedace. :roll:

Which just goes to show how well Haas played